0.3.5 beta for mac - input VU shows sound no track

Doesn’t recognize M-Audio Duo

Input VU meter clearly shows activity on both tracks (stereo to two mono tracks), bt after recording there is no sound, no new tracks, nothing!

Please help.

If the input meters show the input signal it means that the program did recognize the audio device.
Make sure that the correct recoding device(s) are selected in the n-Track Audio devices box that appears selecting the “Audio devices” command from the Settings main menu.

The problem may be caused by the fact that no track is armed for recording and the program is not set to record audio to a new track (it is set that way when using the original default settings).
Make sure that the “Record Mode” is set to “Audio”: select the “Transport/Record Mode/Audio” menu command.
Also select “Record to a new track” in the popup menu that appears clicking on the small red circular button in the Recording Vumeter window (if hidden you can show the window by selecting the “View/Recording vu-meter” menu command.

Alternatively you can add two new empty audio tracks (Add Channel/Add new blank track/Audio), then click on the small record button on the left side of each track and arm the track for recording by selecting from the popup menu the input channel that the track will record from. Currently you should see listed “Default Audio Device - Stereo”, “Default Audio Device” and again “Default Audio Device”, which should instead read “Default Audio Device - Stereo”, “Default Audio Device - Left” and “Default Audio Device - Right”. The problem (which is only limited to the text of the input name) will fixed in the next build of n-Track for Mac.

Thanks for the feedback.

Flavio.

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Jul. 04 2010, 4:02 AM)

Make sure that the correct recoding device(s) are selected in the n-Track Audio devices box that appears selecting the "Audio devices" command from the Settings main menu.

I think this is the problem. No matter what I do, the M-Audio Duo does not show up in the Audio Devices list. I can't select it because it isn't there.

Since I posted this I have been able get a recording. I set the Mac so the Duo is the system default. Then I can see that the input VU is hearing two channels, and I can tell one is the guitar and the other is the vocal mic. And I can record it to two mono channels, but it doesn't sound right. Muffled and treble is week.

Why doesn't the M-Audo Duo appear in the audio devices?
Quote: (dberch @ Jul. 04 2010, 9:14 AM)

Since I posted this I have been able get a recording. I set the Mac so the Duo is the system default. Then I can see that the input VU is hearing two channels, and I can tell one is the guitar and the other is the vocal mic. And I can record it to two mono channels, but it doesn't sound right. Muffled and treble is week.

Why doesn't the M-Audo Duo appear in the audio devices?

This is a limitation in the current Mac beta version, it only works with the default audio device. This will be fixed in the next version, 0.4.0, which will be released within two weeks, it will support multichannel I/O with arbitrary audio devices.

Thanks for the feedback.

Flavio.

Excellent! Thanks for the update, Flavio.