10-01-2005 - what'r'y'all working on?

:slight_smile:

I get to play with my new old DOD real time analayzer. More flashing lights than a Grand Funk Reunion tour! :D

Bought Jamstix a couple of days ago, so I’m trying to learn a new way of thinking about drums. First impressions are very favourable and I like the built-in sounds. Live jamming works great and is a lot of fun. The additional DrumPak 1 for USD 9.99 is also excellent value; it’s a birch kit, sounds very nice. One factor that motivated me to buy is the imminent arrival of a brush kit with jazz and shuffle rhythms, should be out this year. I want to have conquered the learning curve (which I find is fairly steep) so I can use the brush sounds as soon as they are released.

Oh, and it’s our 13th wedding anniversary, so we’re going out for a nice dinner tonight and to the theatre tomorrow.

Cheers
TB

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 01 2005,08:40)
I get to play with my new old DOD real time analayzer. More flashing lights than a Grand Funk Reunion tour! :D

Don’t get "Blinded by the lights… wrapped up like a… " :D :D

We are having a kids festival at church. Matter of fact… I’m supposed to be there NOW…

TG

I wish I could say that I was doing some multi-tracking, but I am not. I am working on 2 acappella arrangements of rock tunes (I Feel Good and Since You Been Gone). I also am finishing up authoring 2 DVDs for the school I work for on some college seminars that were recently held. Lastly, I am arranging/transcribing a few bluegrass tunes for a local bluegrass band. Did I mention that I need to install a pickup and preamp/eq in my Seagull 12 string? I want to get that done this weekend, but might not have time.

Or did you just want to know what I am working on that pertained to N-Track use?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Don’t get "Blinded by the lights… wrapped up like a… "

Actually it’s "Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce…"

At work they say I’m very pedantic, but I always reply that I don’t think you can be very pedantic; you’re either pedantic or you’re not…

We’ve just gone to see the new puppy we’ve just bought - can’t bring her home for another couple of weeks. In between I’ve been jamming with my kids (I get to play bass - woohoo), and trying to convert some old video tape to DVD. Anyone know any good, free video capture software?

Mark

Rented a lift, splatted some paint, fixed the (very steep) roof where some stones were missing after making the incorrect stones I had fit their slots, wrestled with/repositioned lift three times by hand in places too tight to reach with a car, lift not quite tall enough so I used a ladder in the lift, blah blah blah. Ache all over. Literally. Repeat most of the above tomorrow.

Old houses are charming :)

Quote (Mark A @ Oct. 01 2005,13:14)
Don't get "Blinded by the lights.. wrapped up like a... "

Actually it's "Blinded by the light, *revved* up like a deuce..."
I thought it was wrapped up like a douche.

In between I’ve been jamming with my kids (I get to play bass - woohoo), and trying to convert some old video tape to DVD. Anyone know any good, free video capture software?

Mark

Mark,

Here is my favorite minidv to computer capture software. It is a tiny program that works verywell without dropouts (just don’t resize the window during capture). Also, it does not play the sound during capture, but the sound is there when you paly the captured file.
It is called WinDV.

it is freeware…
Quote (Former Member Gone @ Oct. 01 2005,15:18)

HAHA! Ol' red-eye has ears like mine! (White- furry and pointed) ???

TG :D :D

<!–QuoteBegin>

At work they say I’m very pedantic, but I always reply that I don’t think you can be very pedantic; you’re either pedantic or you’re not…

Oh, that’s very true, a very unique insight, you are very right about that.

Yep, intensifiers with words that don’t admit of degrees - “unique” is very nearly unique in that it can’t be used that way. :)

Hey TG, the lights are totally cool in the dark. By the way, it works perfectly. :D

edit: but see this discussion:

http://www.dianahacker.com/rules/subpages_language/absolute.html
Quote (Former Member Gone @ Oct. 01 2005,21:18)

Can you really imagine Bruce Springsteen writing something like that?

:-)
Quote (DrGuitar @ Oct. 01 2005,22:15)
In between I've been jamming with my kids (I get to play bass - woohoo), and trying to convert some old video tape to DVD. Anyone know any good, free video capture software?

Mark

Mark,

Here is my favorite minidv to computer capture software. It is a tiny program that works verywell without dropouts (just don't resize the window during capture). Also, it does not play the sound during capture, but the sound is there when you paly the captured file.
It is called WinDV.

it is freeware....

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow......
Quote (Mark A @ Oct. 01 2005,17:11)

Ummm..... yeah? ROFL!

TG -- sorry, warped sense of humor today.

i just finished a 3hr session on acoustic guitar with a new friend,playing some Porter Wagoner,Luke the drifter,Doc Watson and like that stuff-just like the Beatles say"i got blisters on my fingers"…

The drummer from my old band is having is 40th B-Day tonight… I’ve spent the whole day gathering and re-mastering everything he ever recorded with us (about 25 tracks) to burn to a couple of CD’s to give to him. As far as I know, this will be the first complete collection that he will have.
Needless to say, my ears are shot after five hours of this…
:D

Just got back from the state level Karate tournament. My dojo came back with 11 firsts, 6 2nds, 1 third and 4 fourths, putting 23 competitors into a total of 250 others in 19 total divisions.

We kick arse.

Willy.

Quote (Mark A @ Oct. 01 2005,17:11)

:-)

He talks about the song on his VH1 Storytellers performance - it's hilarious.

The whole show is actually really good, and I'm not even a Springsteen fan.

Man, willy, I guess you do kick some arse there. Really cut loose, sounds like, wrapped them up like a douche, eh?

:)

Yeah. My kids might not be real flash with their japanese terminology, but the little buggers can fight!