11-12-05 - wassup?

:slight_smile:

What’rey’all working on this weekend? I get to try to get our kids to sing lots of holiday songs. :)

Editing guitars tracks recorded last weekend. Three different parts & sounds, about 15 takes total. Will finish them tonight as I gotta go do some work-work now :(

Taking the wife to a B&B and having my way ith her! WooHoo!

D

<!–QuoteBegin>

Taking the wife to a B&B and having my way ith her! WooHoo!

Possibly not Tim.

See, the Diogenes Alexander was referring to was not Diogenes the Cynic, nor Diogenes the Stoic, but rather, Diogenes the Tart, i.e., Alexander’s bum-boy! :p

Had a promo stall for the karate at the local annual carnival, did a couple of demos with the crew, mashed my fist breaking tiles.

Been helping my son set up a little recording rig on his PC. Fun. He’s doing some good stuff already.

Caulking a bunch of crown moulding i had put in a while ago. What an absolute pain in the arse. No wonder I put it off this long. Next weekend I gotta paint over all my crappy caulking. That’s gonna be great fun too.

Mixing teryeah’s guitars halfway across the world. Ain’t the internet grand?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Ain’t the internet grand?

Yep.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Caulking a bunch of crown moulding i had put in a while ago

Now who was it from the forum who got in trouble using that word in a public place?

Everyone in my house bu tme has the flu. We get our shots this week. A little too late I think. Anyway, I not only managed to cook all the meals, get the washing done, and the rest, I actually found time to post this. :)

Ugh. You too Tom? Like I said on the other thread, our trip to the B&B was a touch dull due to the wifey being sick. The oldest son and I are the only ones out and about today. The wife, her mother and my eight year old are all home sick as dogs… blech…

TG

Personally I think it’s a right wing conspiracy. :)

Hope you all get better - if it’s the same bug, this was a nasty one.

Thanks Tom. Wifey and eight year old BOTH going back to the Doc today. I don’t envy her trying to get the little squirt to take the needle. Second trip back? You KNOW Doc is gonna stob him one!

D

Recorded a few rough scratch tracks of the record we’re working on to be able to pick apart and fine tune performances/arrangements. Here’s a super rough mix… all mono, all live, all one take, no edits, lots of swearing…

Link

Sounds good Bubba. I dig the guitar tone. Whatcha using? Sounds like P90’s to me…

TG

Nope, he is just using an off the shelf Highway 1 strat with 3 single coils through a 15 watt Groove Tube combo tricked out with a Celestion Blue. The tone is really pretty bad in that. Like I said, rough rough rough track. We’ll probably be double tracking the guitars… one mic on the Groove Tube, one mic on a Laney, and a LDC in a figure 8 between the two as a M/S idea. It will be far out. The idea being, the two direct mics will be a combined center to the M/S array with a different tone at the edges. The drums suck a lot here too. I just threw up an LDC overhead and put a mic on the kick.

On the cheesy speakers here at work, it sounds pretty good for “Superroughmix”. :) I like the guitar tone with that edgy, verge of breakup thang happening. Cool. I thought it had to be single coils and there’s enough girth there to make me think P90. I like it.

D