1762 bug??

CPU usage indicator vanishes…

I sent this to Flavio. Anybody else seen this with Build 1762??

<!–QuoteBegin>

Hello Flavio,

Build 1762 is working OK for me. One obvious thing is the CPU usage indicator disappears about 2 seconds after starting playback/recording. It stays hidden until you stop and start again and is visible for only a couple of seconds. Did not notice this anomaly until build 1762.

TG

TG

I have experienced the same problem the build # 1762. I had to roll back to build # 1756 which works for me.

Just more specs for the database–I’m running this build and haven’t seen this problem on either Win 2K (SP4, Radeon 9550SE video, Athlon XP 2500+, SiS 746FX chipset, M-Audio 2496, WDM and ASIO tried) or 98SE (Radeon 8500LE, Athlon XP 2000+, VIA KT400A chipset, C-Media onboard audio, WDM) so far.

Tony

Well, it disappears on both my laptop AND desktop DAW at home. The laptop is a P4 3.2 and the desktop an AMP Athlon 2500+. Both use an ATI graphics chipset, if that means anything?

TG

TG,
Hmmm…I wouldn’t think it’s the ATI graphics since that’s what I’m using (ATI Radeon), I was thinking it might have more to do with a certain interface item (i.e., mixer, VU, etc.) or combination of items preventing the CPU usage part of the status bar from being refreshed (a bug, of course). Don’t know if you want to try this, but if you do a “Revert preferences to the default settings”, does the problem go away?

(And if Flavio’s already working with you on this, ignore me :) )

Tony

“Revert to default settings” Tried that Tony. No good. Last night, I did notice that after a restart of n-Track, the CPU usage indicator would stay visible during RECORD but still disappear about 2 seconds into playback. Weird.

Flavio will get it sorted…

TG

Flavio is on it…
<!–QuoteBegin>

>Build 1762 is working OK for me. One obvious thing is the CPU usage
>indicator disappears about 2 seconds after starting playback/recording. It
>stays hidden until you stop and start again and is visible for only a
>couple of seconds. Did not notice this anomaly until build 1762.

The problem will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the feedback.

Best regards,
Flavio Antonioli.