2 million

run aways

Man can you believe that?
2 million kids run away here in the states every year!

Yep. It’s a shocking statistic so please help support a reputable organization that helps these kids. We send crews out a few times a year to some of the hot spots for runaways. Portland, OR and New Orleans, LA are two biggies. We’d go more often if we had more moolah… Our church has helped a lot of these kids get back home or in some cases given them new homes.

Quote:

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

D

Sadly some parents probably don’t care.
But imagine the fears parents of some of those runaways must be going trough.
Not to mention the horrors the kids themselves have to be facing.
I’m not religious D so words of scripture to me are normal things said in a slightly weird way.
But the message is good.
I personally will be helping in this area.
2 million, that’s pitiful.

Quote:

But imagine the fears parents of some of those runaways must be going trough.

Yeah. Unless there were signs that they planned to run away, or had in the past, you're left not knowing what to think.
Quote:

2 million kids run away here in the states every year

How long has this statistic been in affect? Let's see if you start at the year 2000, then we are to believe there are close to 20 million runaways? I don't think so. But it's a good way (even if flawed) to raise attention to a serious issue.
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Apr. 20 2009, 5:58 AM)

Quote:

How long has this statistic been in affect?

Or what is the methodology in making the stat. Hell, I ran away at least once a week between the ages of 6 and 10... I only made it to the corner and went running home as I missed my mommy (that and the mustard and bacon bit sandwiches I packed never were that good)... but I did it all the time. I figure I contributed to about 100 a year in that statistic. :)
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Apr. 20 2009, 9:10 AM)

I figure I contributed to about 100 a year in that statistic. :)

:D Rebel with a cause!
Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Apr. 20 2009, 5:58 AM)

Quote:

How long has this statistic been in affect? Let's see if you start at the year 2000, then we are to believe there are close to 20 million runaways? I don't think so. But it's a good way (even if flawed) to raise attention to a serious issue.

Good point 7. That was astonishing numbers to me. But I'm a childless bachelor so what do I known about those issues? Do you think groups seeking funds glorified the numbers?
The new article said for the past yr, 2008.

Is that a Del Shannon statistic? Not sure how many copies that song sold. :laugh:

I guess my daughter ran away every other day between the age of 13 to 15, trouble is she came back home every dang time! :cool:

I ran away the first 3 times when I was 8.

It only took me 30 years to write a Runaway Song.

Another Middle aged runaway! I LOVE IT! :agree:

I’m surprised we don’t have more middle age and older runaways, specially after viewing the gates of hell photo! :laugh:

BTW, good hook in that tune! :agree:

:laugh: bad bad men
:laugh: ok ok I ran away but I was smart enough to get a ride from my dad. Think I was 6, anyway by the time we got to where I wanted to go, we had mended our ways. I had a great old man.

I’m running away from my kids on April 28th.
:laugh:

:agree:
:laugh:
Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 20 2009, 3:37 PM)

I'm surprised we don't have more middle age and older runaways, specially after viewing the gates of hell photo! :laugh:

They're called "dead beat dads".
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Apr. 21 2009, 10:07 AM)

Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 20 2009, 3:37 PM)

I'm surprised we don't have more middle age and older runaways, specially after viewing the gates of hell photo! :laugh:

They're called "dead beat dads".

No there called husbands who hate to shop! :whistle: