2492 - dragging midi

Just postede says it address some of the concerns you have expressed about midi.

Somebody post up how it works? I can’t install n here anymore to test and post the results myself.

Just curious…

D

Build 2492 64bit version not downloading correctly

This will be a big fix for N when strait :agree:

I downloaded and installed b 2492…
However, I don’t use any midi stuff in-and-around here…
yet…

Yaz refers to the 64 bit version not downloading correctly…

Here, the 32 bit version installed slightly different than the b 2489 version did…

The install sequence is still pretty smooth…

Bill…

The drag seems to be fixed though I didn’t run it through much of a test - I drug a clip into a track and tried to drag it to loop it and the timing is still whack so I closed it out. Am I missing a snap to grid setting or is it just not looping track clips in time? You know? When 1,2,3,4 become and 1/2 1.66 and swing and a 2.33 3.659???
It makes for a nice study in tempo but I’m trying to create an “in time” track foundation in the mean time…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 25 2009, 9:31 PM)

The drag seems to be fixed though I didn't run it through much of a test - I drug a clip into a track and tried to drag it to loop it and the timing is still whack so I closed it out. Am I missing a snap to grid setting or is it just not looping track clips in time? You know? When 1,2,3,4 become and 1/2 1.66 and swing and a 2.33 3.659???
It makes for a nice study in tempo but I'm trying to create an "in time" track foundation in the mean time..........

*sigh*

D

double sigh - I went back in determined to crash it and it drug every clip in perfect time for like 8 minutes worth… and fills, and edits were right on. This is the best it’s handled my midi tests with EzD. I’ll keep testing now and let you know if it’s consistent. Very promising if it holds!

Two issues:
1. No midi data is vissible in the piano roll after you drag more than one clip
Or was that always the case? I can export a track with several clips and import
it back and then the midi data will show up in the piano roll.
2. Although you can now drag the clip to any track, you will still create new
blank tracks on the way.

But the cloning of clips along a track timeline is working fine and keeping time
(at least for me) Full speed ahead. :p