2nd to post

Check out my music…

Songs to toke by.

This is a delightful song Michael. I remember you said something over on AM about not fooling around in your songwriting, and that made me want to check out your music. I must say, there was a sort of bittersweet, honest quality in your lyrics, vocals, and instrument performances, at least to my ear. I thought the vocal harmony was perfect for this song, too, and the sax part was tastefully done. Was that you playing live sax, or some sort of synthesized or sampled sound? Anyway, this seemd like an instant “standard” to me, a modern day “classic” if you will. The recording sounded very clean to me, and fits the style of the song, or vice verse. As an example, for some reason your song is making me think of “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis Presley. Although there is no example of it I can site to explain that comparison well, I think that is what makes me say modern day classic.

BTW, I think that the Hunter S. Thompson quote on the music biz in your signature is amuzing, and unfortunately, somewhat true.

Hey - thanks for listening & thanks for the + feedback. I’m assuming that you listened to “Those Were the Times” - my Lennonesqe song.

<!–QuoteBegin>

This is a delightful song Michael. I remember you said something over on AM about not fooling around in your songwriting, and that made me want to check out your music. I must say, there was a sort of bittersweet, honest quality in your lyrics, vocals, and instrument performances, at least to my ear.

Bittersweet, honest - yes you have that right.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Was that you playing live sax, or some sort of synthesized or sampled sound?

I had a young sax player come in & record that part.

<!–QuoteBegin>
Anyway, this seemd like an instant “standard” to me, a modern day “classic” if you will.[QUOTE]
I wished it was. the lyrics are probably not “generic” enough for it to be a classic (but almost).

[QUOTE]The recording sounded very clean to me, and fits the style of the song, or vice verse.

It was recorded on a Tascam 488 8-track cassette player.

Thanks again for listening.

<!–QuoteBegin>
BTW, I think that the Hunter S. Thompson quote on the music biz in your signature is amuzing, and unfortunately, somewhat true.

Sad but true.