3 cheers to Colin Powell

and the other 3 Republicans

- From Powell’s letter to the Senate committe.
<!–QuoteBegin>

The world is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against terrorism…To redefine [a portion of the Geneva Convention] would add to those doubts.

Now that the Republican controlled Senate Armed Services Committee has rejected Bush’s plan on treatment of terrorism detainees in favor of their own, I wonder how long it will be before some Republican (like Durgan) asks whether these Republicans support the terrorists more than they support the American people? Where’s the outrage of Durgan’s remarks?

God bless John McCain & the 3 Republicans who stood with the Democrat’s & did what is right!!!

Stop Bush from redefining the Geneva Convention articles!

Mr Soul

God Bless Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA) (McCain sucks eggs)

<!–QuoteBegin>

Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA), for one, decided she’d had enough.

"In light of the rantings that went on for 30 minutes by two colleagues from the other side, I’d like to state for the record that America is not tired of fighting terrorism; America is tired of the wrongheaded and boneheaded leadership of the Republican party that has sent six and a half billion a month to Iraq while the front line was Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. That led this country to attack Saddam Hussein, when we were attacked by Osama bin Laden. Who captured a man who did not attack the country and let loose a man that did. Americans are tired of boneheaded Republican leadership that alienates our allies when we need them the most. Americans are most certainly tired of leadership that despite documenting mistake after mistake after mistake, even of their own party admitting mistakes, never admit they do anything wrong. That’s the kind of leadership Americans are tired of."

She concluded,

"I’m not going to sit here as a Democrat and let the Republican leadership come to the floor and talk about Democrats not making us safe. They’re the ones in charge and Osama bin Laden is still at loose."

KF

Gob Bless Sen. Harry Reid D-NV

Glen Greenwald reports:
<!–QuoteBegin>

Sen. Harry Reid participated in a conference call with a dozen or so bloggers this afternoon. For the first question, I asked him about the Specter bill – specifically, what the Democrats’ strategy was for preventing its enactment (I wanted to wait until the second question but I couldn’t contain myself).

Sen. Reid stated flatly and unequivocally – and I’m paraphrasing – that the Specter bill was not going anywhere, that it would not be enacted. I then asked him how he could be so certain about that – specifically, I asked where the 51 votes against the Specter bill would come from in light of the support it enjoys from both the White House and at least some of the ostensibly “independent” Republicans, exacerbated by the fact that all 10 Republicans on the Judiciary Committee voted in favor of it yesterday (at least they voted in favor of sending it to the Senate floor).

In response, Sen. Reid explained that our system does not allow every bill to be enacted simply because a majority supports it, that Senate rules allow minority rights to be protected, clearly alluding to a filibuster. Indeed, as part of that vow, Sen. Reid specifically referenced the fact that in the Senate, one does not need 50%, but only 40%, to block the enactment of a bill. He explained that rule existed to protect minority rights. When I asked him expressly whether the Democrats are committed to filibustering the Specter bill if doing so is necessary to defeat it, he said he thought that would not be necessary, but repeated that they would make sure the Specter bill did not become law. He was unequivocal about that a second time.

KF

God Bless Rep. John Murtha D-PA

<!–QuoteBegin>

Today I introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives calling for the immediate resignation of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.

The President must show the American people and the world that there is accountability for the mistakes that have made in the war in Iraq. We must restore our credibility with our allies and the world in order to effectively fight the global threat of terrorism.

Secretary Rumsfeld has failed in managing the military response to this threat and should be replaced with someone who is capable of not only recognizing the mistakes that have been made but addressing them head on for the good of our military and our great nation.

KF

I mean really…as long as we’re blessing people…let’s bless the ones who have stood up all along and defended our country against the tyranny and deceit that is the Republican party. McCain is a johnny come lately and an a$$ kisser savant. Powell could have been something if he’d had a spine when it counted. Elections are nearing and they’re just playing to their crowd. Don’t let their bravery of the moment mask their cowardice of the past.

KF

I second that. God bless KingFish! :D

I like this thread. :D