!Downing Street Memo Mostly Ignored in U.S.

From FOX news - maybe there’s still hope

Downing Street Memo Mostly Ignored in U.S.

Interesting, but the harsh facts of life are that not enough people seem to care. If they did Mr Bush and Mr Blair would not have both been elected back in to thier esteemed positions.
We live in a world of apathy!

uh…

Just because one doesn’t agree with YOUR position on something does not make one apathetic…

Quote (clark_griswold @ June 03 2005,10:31)
uh...

Just because one doesn't agree with YOUR position on something does not make one apathetic...

Good point Clark. Tell him "what it makes one". ???

Mike

I used to think I was apathetic until I realized I didn’t really care anyway…

TG

Quote (DrGuitar @ June 03 2005,14:50)
uh...

Just because one doesn't agree with YOUR position on something does not make one apathetic...

Mike

what exactly is your problem???

I saw where the press asked Tony Blair and President Bush about this memo in their press conference yesterday. Blair looked unfazed and unimpressed and Bush “fixed” up a pretty good response. I just saw a story online trying to keep this alive, so I thought I would share.

‘Downing Street memo’ gets fresh attention

I love the attempts by the writer to give this story some sex appeal:

A simmering controversy over whether American media have ignored a secret British memo about how President Bush built his case for war with Iraq bubbled over into the White House on Tuesday.”

"The Sunday Times’ May 1 memo story, which broke just four days before Britain’s national elections, caused a sensation in Europe."

This reminds me of the SNL bit about Ross Perot’s running mate, Admiral Stockdale, who kept uttering “Gridlock” during the Veep debates.

The press is begging for people to pay attention.

The press was tardy in covering this story with the exception of FOX which I posted in the original post. They are trying to “catch up” now.

Those descriptions are fine IMO, because this issue has been simmering. Blair/Bush’s answers didn’t resolve this issue for me.

Quote (Guest @ June 04 2005,10:08)
Quote (DrGuitar @ June 03 2005,14:50)
uh...

Mike

what exactly is your problem???

This is not very Christian of me...but I'm bound by my flesh, and it's dying for a good laugh so.....

Lady's handbags ready! :D
Quote (ksdb @ June 08 2005,18:22)
The press is begging for people to pay attention.

It's a buisiness after all....so if there isn't news..they must make some...no?
If they can't distract you from the real issues with a sex scandal, then they will have to do what they have to do! :D

keep shinin' guys,

jerm

Ali - what’s the deal with this memo? Was it a fake or forged? Blair seems to imply that.