'98SE Desk Help

Hi sinbad:
That’s what I thought when I first began building this P-4 back last summer… I think it was June or July. That’s when I first moved to XP…

I attempted to install these drivers into the XP Drive so I could move beyond the '98SE Desk. The drivers seem so difficult to know if they are installed and if you don’t follow the documentation (that describes their installation) exactly they just don’t work… After attempting the process three-or-four times I made the monumental decission to navagate to this dual boot P-4 to accomadate the Lexicon Hardware…

That’s when my real headaches surfaced…

Mark A and phoo and others, here on the Board helped me get through some tough times… But takeing this “Path” hasent been easy… IT’s causeing me to maintain two platforms in three DAWs to manage the Studio Operation…

IT hurts the Creative Process to no end…

I think I may try to install these drivers into the XP Desk of this P-4 one more time… After a year of operating two Desks, I’m ready to try anything to get beyond this regiment…

When I think back over this past week of build this DAW and updateing software… I can think that the only piece of software I added to the '98SE Desk is n-Track… From build 2055 to 2099 Could this be the addition to this Desk that’s causeing the issues? :O ???

Bill…

It is sometimes better to take the plunge and leave old things behind. I have been fiddling around with the Behringer bca2000 usb2.0 interface ever since I moved to a laptop system. (My old system with Win98 worked ok btw. but I needed the mobility) Anyway I spent almost a year and a half getting nowhere, frustrated and wasting creative time rebooting and trying to rescue things. Ntrack and bca2000 just didn’t like each other, and that was that. Although the interface has just the right specs (and price) for what I’m doing, it just was not stable on my system. I blamed it part on ntrack and bought Multi Track Studio in an effort to make things work, but then the asio kept wanting a reset (?) and stopped in the middle of a take. I am not getting any younger and it finally git through to me that I was in a dead end with only one way out. I finally took the plunge and parted with it, and although I really couldn’t afford it, I got a good deal on an emu1616m. I’m in the process of migrating all tracks worth saving to multitrack, and redoing them. I haven’t had a glitch since I did the change! (I’m keeping my eye on ntrack to see if it likes my new system better, great sw when it works.)
It wasn’t an easy decision, not wanting to admit that I was beaten, not wanting to give up on what should be plug and play. It works for other people, so why doesn’t it work for me?? The frustrating part is that there are a zillion things that cause non compatibility. Everything works as a single unit, but together is another matter.
I’m glad I changed, the added expense is being compensated for by selling off stuff I don’t use anymore. Just my two cents, hope I’m not being boring.