'Story in Song Tour'

Live

Hey guys,

Just in case you were wondering what it is like at my concerts, i’ve put together a little live recording of some of the songs and banter. there are two songs on there that ou have not yet heard (my fasvourite is called ‘If I was Dr Who, I’s beam into your email’)! anyhow, it’ll give you a chancve to ear what i’ve been up to.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2148539/‘Story-in-song-Tour’_live.mp3

Love ya all xx

Hi ange:

Thanks for the nice link…
It streams well into n-Track over here…
Lots of dynamic …
live …
energy going on here…
It sounds great… over here…
:agree:
:)
:p
:laugh:

TonyR:

I am playing this file using the m-Audio 192 ASIO Driver set…
It works-and-plays just fine…
However, when I opened n-Track to play the file I had the Realtek Driver set opened…
Right away I got the “What I call” the metronome “Click Track”
It only appears in n-Track…
I wish I could describe this issue with some other detail…
As a matter-of-fact…
I get this same sound on the DJ Computer out in the Studio…
That machine is an old P-4 machine…
It has XP as the Operating System…
When I get out there again I’ll post that machine’s specs, in the other thread, the same as I’ve done with this Dual Core Machine…

Sorry ange…
Back to the topic-at-hand…

Try to get Rob and your audio man to hang a couple of mics out the the audience area of the room…
Record some “Live Room” ambiance, to add to the mix…

Just a suggestion…

of course…

Bill…

Quote:

Try to get Rob and your audio man to hang a couple of mics out the the audience area of the room.. Record some "Live Room" ambiance, to add to the mix.. Just a suggestion.. of course..

The audio man and me are one and the same :) I fully agree, the applause was loud, and it'd be nice to pick more of that up :agree: .

We've just spend
£250 getting the flyers and posters printed for the next leg of the tour, but a room mic, some LED stage lights, and probably a better mixer are definitely on the shopping list once we've put a bit more cash back in the performance fund.

I'm building up quite a shopping list over at thomann.de. Need a lot more spare cables etcetera too (Ange's main guitar lead just broke, and I only had one spare!).

The support teams never get all the credit they deserve!! :)

Very, very true! :p

The last big stage I worked on…
We were all responsible for setting up our own equipment…
But setting up the stage gear we all had specific tasks to do…
We never got in one-an-other’s way till that was completed…
I was responsible for setting up the stage lighting and controlling the light effects while the show was working…
We shared setting up the speakers…
One guy couldn’t handle them alone…They were too big-and-heavy… We always used the same wires for the same application…
unless there was a broken wire that needed repair…
The guy who plugged it all together (the guitar player)…
did it the same way…
No Failures…
We cassette recorded every job we did, and adjusted the levels-and-mix according to the previous job we played…
That was how the mix to the house-and-audience got refined… The only thing that changed was the overall level in the venue(s)…
We had a monitor system I never liked to have and use…
I preferred to listen-and-hear the stage…
A monitor system if not used properly can affect you vocal pitch…
I guess that’s why I never sang in-pitch…
:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

I love doctor who, been a fan since the 80’s Tom Baker was the tits.

I’m even liking the newer series, the bloke with the dark hair, don’t know what his name is yet tho.

we used to get the old Doctor Who on PBS (especially during their fund drives), but you have to catch BBC to get the new one and thanks to bootleg direct TV I do.
:agree:

Oh yea, EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! darlex? always had trouble spelling that, darlics?

keep shinin

jerm :cool: