'The Studio'

My first afternoon in a real studio

Awwwwwwwwwwwesome! You shoulda heard me through that mic, (Neumman U87 and a matched pair of Sennheiser MKH something or others) even I got shivers! It was sooooo cool!

It’s not that i’m not making good progress with ‘N’ but ohhh it felt good to just stand there, wait for the red light and sing my little heart out, no messing around picking guitars up and putting them down again loosing my vibe, messing around with little wiggly lines that do little else for me than give my poor eyes a head ache…

nice chap who gets what I want, and … did I mention that sound?! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwesome.

I want it I want it I want it!!!

so there it is…well ok, it’s not quite that simple…Rob has asked Aardvark to give him “a three-year forecast for all revenue streams stemming from the album” so he can “put together a proper business plan to get the capital together”.

ok…now that’s it :)

Ange x

So is it a situation where you can bring in a track and use this for only vocals (harmony parts too)?
What is the “day rate”? Will they ‘work with you’ on the money end?

Sorry I’m so nosey!

Well, basically he has agreed to
£15 an hour, with all parts recorded and mixed but not mastered (he doesn’t do mastering). It will be somewhere around
£1500-
£2000 for the fully produced 45 minute album.

They need paying in real money, so I have to find some venture capitalists but it is more than just small step up with this kinda quality. Rob seems fairly confident that we can get the capital together really easily if we have a good business plan… I’ll believe it when I see it!

I’ll be looking at hugely better chances of the album succeeding, it’ll sound better and I’ll be able to perform the songs better if I’m not worrying about levels/panning/mixing/playing with those wiggly lines in N, or popping downstairs to do the washing up!

… and Yes…you are nosey :wink: hehe…I love you for it. :;):

Ange x

We can always break Sarah’s piggy bank! :agree:

She’s all excited over your getting a deal anyway. All I’d have to do is say “Sarah, our friend Ange needs some money.” She’d offer in a second - I’ve taught her well, I hope.

I use my piggy bank for a small outboard echo chamber. :laugh:

Hi Ange.

Well done there…it sure feels like ‘HOME’ in a studio doesn’t it?

Re. Investment…

I’ll email you a website for UK investors…it’s where I got investment for my now failing business…someone may be interested.
I don’t want to put it here, as there will be a direct link between my business and here…

Sound ok?

Craig

Ah, that is the best news, Ange. 15 whatever those things are an hour to use good mics in a good room with good preamps is a deal. I bet you sound fabulous. Go knock 'em dead. :agree:

Sounds great! Happy for ya! :agree:

That’s COOl Angie, when can we hear a snipit? :cool:

Awsum Ange :agree:

congrat’s angie

Id love to get into a proper studio, if only just to see how they work, setup, tweak n stuff. I’m sure it will be money well spent for you. No matter how much it costs, acheiving one of your main goals in life has got to be worth the cost.

:agree:

Rob seems to be a good business manager - kudo’s to Rob :agree:

Oh - and big time congrats Ange!

Quote:

Rob seems to be a good business manager - kudo's to Rob :agree:

Amen to that....he's awwwwwwwwwwwwwesome :love:

ok...so update goes like this...

I'm having a day in the studio on Tuesday to get down a rough take of all the possible songs for the album...i'll be recording a live take of all 20ish songs of which I will then choose 12-15 of for the album. this allows me to time all the songs, (45 min for an album) choose them, play with the harmonies and write any flute parts over the top ready for the first weeks 'proper' recording in the first week of October.

So...the live takes will not be mixed or perfect in any way and will not really represent half the quality of the finished product BUT... me think's that you guys will still be able to hear just what an incredible difference there is in my vox through that mic! so I will post you a demo sometime next week if ya likes.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

Mwah x

Can’t wait!! Go Ange!!

:agree:

Thanks for keeping the blog going…

Do you know how fortunate you are ??

You and Rob are approaching this in a SO-Right Direction…
Well…
I believe you are…
Considering all the Big Things and, as well, the Details at the same time… AND…
gaining experience for the next project…
when it happens…

It might be nice to keep the topic going as a journal, of/in a fashion of sorts…
Well…

You know…

Projects like this require huge amounts of energy and lots of mental Ups-and-Downs…

For me, I get wound up in what is known as “The End of the Project…
Blues”…
It’s a downer that I have to really struggle to get behind me…
It’s been so long sense I’ve been there…
Just the thought of it…
:p
:p
:laugh: Sorry, I had to get that out…
:laugh:

Bill…

10 bucks says that at least one of these “demos” ends up on the final album. :)

They have to be hanging around that studio…
I haven’t seen Her or Rob around here in a few days…
I hope that Studio Guy doesn’t discourage them from posting over here…

I was talking to a well respected Audio/Musican Guy around these parts…
Ange…
Your name came up in a conversation in some mail we had been tossing around…

I hope you don’t mind…
and…
Your ears must be burning…
He Google’d your name…
Anyway, there are several pages of links on you that are good/interesting to browse…

Raising your visibility, in any way you can, is good…
In my opinion…

Bill…

Quote: (TomS @ Jul. 17 2009, 6:38 PM)

10 bucks says that at least one of these "demos" ends up on the final album.
:)

do i get the 10 bucks? ??? If so I'm definately settling with that take of Fantasy ;)
Quote: (woxnerw @ Jul. 24 2009, 3:09 AM)

They have to be hanging around that studio..
I haven't seen Her or Rob around here in a few days..
I hope that Studio Guy doesn't discourage them from posting over here..

I was talking to a well respected Audio/Musican Guy around these parts..
Ange..
Your name came up in a conversation in some mail we had been tossing around..

I hope you don't mind..
and..
Your ears must be burning..
He Google'd your name..
Anyway, there are several pages of links on you that are good/interesting to browse..

Raising your visibility, in any way you can, is good..
In my opinion..

Bill..

Nope, still here hun :)

Amy broke up from school so I'm a little more squeezed for time to sit and write posts at the mo (she's stood beside me right now saying " mum, mum... mummy, mum....when can we go swimming mum...mum?, mummy....when can we go...)

My next session in the studio is on Thursday eve but we are again, just getting a rough take of the remaining tracks down

Bless you for spreading the word about me, :;): It's funny...i'd not goggled my name in ages and i take up 5 pages or so now! Little old me! 5 pages!

Hey popps...I found a link to a Christian radio station and they had 'you answer' on their play list...

True Spirit Powered Radio (The Country Show) 11 Hosted By Derek McCorkell

Ange x

Thanks for that link…

By accident I happened to open the first Country Show…
There is a Doug York song there…
There’s a nice steel track on that song…
I’d say I’m partial to that flavor/style of stuff…

When ever I hear steel lines like that I look to see if Leonard is in the room…

Anyway, this Derrek McCorkell Guy is pretty Laid Back…
I’m sortta waitin to see if he is really commin back to introduce the next song…

Bill…