3rd party interaction checkbox

What does it do?

In the Settings --> Paths dialog, there is a checkbox (bottom; v4.1) labeled “Allow 3rd party applications to interact with n-Track”.
There is no mention of this choice in the help.
Anyone know what interaction we’re talking about here?

It´s not refered to “ReWire”?

A while ago a few forum users were asking if it were possible to write apps to work with n-Track. For example, one requirement mentioned was the ability to read, alter, and save n-Track song files outside of n-Track.

IIRC Flavio added a facility and gave some example code. IIRC this setting was to allow the interaction to occur.

HTH

Mark

Thanks guys.

n-Track is a Rewire master only, isn’t it? So all interaction would be controlled by n-Track anyway.

Re: opening/changing/saving song files: what would prevent any application from doing that, with or without n-Track’s consent?

I sure hope for a manual/help update sometime soon!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Re: opening/changing/saving song files: what would prevent any application from doing that, with or without n-Track’s consent?

Nothing… if you knew the file format. I think this was Flavio’s way of giving people what they were asking for while retaining a little control over the way it happened. (I may be wrong).

I’m probably missing something obvious (didn’t sleep too well either), but I still don’t get what the checkbox is for ???

<!–QuoteBegin>

I’m probably missing something obvious (didn’t sleep too well either), but I still don’t get what the checkbox is for

See Flavio’s post towards the end of page 3 of this thread:

http://www.ntrack.com/cgi-bin…+format

Right, that explains it all.
Tx.

Actually, I didn’t understand what was going on back in July, either. Anyone feeling generous and care to explain it all to us? :)

It’s all about organizing and renaming tracks and wave filenames in a song file.
Not very interesting IMHO.
I kinda hoped this was a pointer to external control facilities for the program.