4.0.4 mixdown problem?

Been trying to mix down like I ussually do…which always seemed to work without a glitch before. Now in the new 4.0.4 (just downloaded yesterday) I am getting blank files with no data when I try to pull up what I’ve mixed down. Anyone else?

Hmmmm. Sorry, just one of those unhelpful “works ok for me” posts.

Just finished a session tonight, (using 4.04) and N-track behaved fine. Finished with a mixdown (including midi/Vsti).

Have you tried another N-track project?

Mark

Hmm, its kinda wierd. Only happening with one project. Its mixing down blank files. The rest of my projects are mixing down fine and were recorded at the same bit depth and frequency…so I’m pretty confused here. I’ll keep playing with it.

Is it possible that a range is selected that very short? and it’s only mixing down the selected range?

Does it seem to mixdown very quickly?

Disk not full or write protected?

.-=gp=-.

I fixed it, when I reinstalled Ntrack it was fine. I have no idea what it was, but that took care of it.

I haven’t had no problems with 4.0.4 mixing, so far. Haven’t done much with it, though.

However, I have a weird problem with thr 4.0.4 mixer window, though. There are completely unusable scrollbars blocking the scribble strips, like this:

The ones on the channel strips go away id I de-select showing the individual vu meters, but the aux channel scrollbars stay. I don’t seem to remember anybody mentioning anything like this before. I’ve had this problem with builds 1768 and 1769, the only 4.0.4 builds I’ve tried. Any ideas?

Now that’s strange.

My only thought is that you don’t have the default mixer settings (colour/font/backgroud) do you. (ie my mixer deson’t look like those colours etc). Perhaps the font size/face is causing N-track/Windows to put the scroll bars in?

Also, what are those numbers on the volume sliders?

Mark

Quote (Mark A @ Feb. 17 2005,04:37)
Now that's strange.

My only thought is that you don't have the default mixer settings (colour/font/backgroud) do you. (ie my mixer deson't look like those colours etc). Perhaps the font size/face is causing N-track/Windows to put the scroll bars in?

Also, what are those numbers on the volume sliders?

Mark

My mixer does not look like that either. You must have modified the config file(s) somehow?

Eh, the numbers in the fader "knobs" are the Group Assignment indicators. VERY handy.

TG
Quote (gtr4him @ Feb. 17 2005,09:15)
My mixer does not look like that either. You must have modified the config file(s) somehow?

The only things I've modified are the mixer background colours and the font colour, not even the font size. Anyway, just to be sure I restored the defaults (with the "preferences" window button). The scroll bars are still there.

I don’t recall ever seeing that before–does increasing the mixer window size horizontally get rid of them?

Tony

Quote (Scantee @ Feb. 17 2005,10:11)
I don't recall ever seeing that before--does increasing the mixer window size horizontally get rid of them?

No, unfortunately.

Seems that selecting "small" or "smallest" size for the mixer (from the right mouse button menu) gets rid of those useless scrollbars, but then everything in the mixer window is too small to read on my display.

Apparently, this has something to do with the lenght of the name field, but I haven't managed to find a setting for it.

A quick edit: Tried with the new build 1770. Same problem persists.