4.0 Bugs Bugs and more Bugs

Am now using Version 4.0 and thinking it was a mistake! Should have waited 6 monthes to get the bugs out. Recorded 1 stereo drum track and CPU usage on playback went in red at 10,000 percent…mixed an old multi-track with 10 tracks and would not load first thing saying it couldn’t find DX effects…then loaded waves one at a time…SLOW, SLOW, SLOW! Anyone else with 4.0 having any problems?

Hi Yaz,

4.0 is working fine for me. I’ve seen some minor issues, mostly with the graphics on the screen. But for the most part, it seems to run smoother and faster in some ways than 3.3. (For instance, the mixdown function now works smoothly and is a joy to use!).

Don

Recorded 1 stereo drum track and CPU usage on playback went in red at 10,000 percent
We need a little more to go on. That doesn't sound like an n-Tracks problem, necessarily, though it could be something with you setup that the new version exposes that 3.n didn't.

There was a problem with some of the first builds of 4.0 what would cause the CPU usage to go sky high when the volume envelope was pulled down near zero. It's something when using floating point math that n-Tracks must specifically avoid. Later builds on 4.0 should have it avoided. This was problem with earlier 3.n versions as well.

Which build of 4.0, CPU type, OS, sound card, and video card are you using?

Using Windows 98SE Celeron 600, Gina Card, think I may have found my problem…the buffering is loading up at max each time…reset it but it doesn’t save my settings…I think I have the very latest build…am not the most PC literate person in world and #1 computer son has moved outta state. I come in here and read other problems to learn from others and appreciate any help.

Go to Help -> About and tell us which build it tells you you have. As Phoo said, this was an early bug that should be taken care of. I just want to make sure you are missing an easy fix.

Quote (YazMiester @ Sep. 20 2004,05:16)
Using Windows 98SE Celeron 600, Gina Card, think I may have found my problem...the buffering is loading up at max each time....reset it but it doesn't save my settings....

While this may not be the crux of your problem....you are probably running the Gina's ASIO driver. You must make any buffer changes in the Gina control panel. If you change them in n-Track, they will just reset to the Gina control panel settings.

I have had the problem you describe with n V3.3. I done a Reset to Defaults in n-Track preferences then put my "tweaks" back in one at a time. Seemed to fix it.

TG