4.1.6 with aleses io2 usb

looks like a no go

Have used n-tracks for mixing for years–recorded with a Boss BR-532 and then imported the files.

Just “moved up” to a laptop (512 MB Ram, 1.8 Ghz Pentium, XP SP2) and this Alesis IO/2 usb unit. I’ve tried the WDM drivers, the ASIO drivers from Alesis. N-tracks freezes periodically, and when I can get it to record at all, playback is terribly distorted (most of the time). I’ve reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled n-tracks. Looks like I may be out of luck with this combo…

BTW, installed the bundled Cubase LE and the io/2 works great…guess Alesis made sure the thing worked with the software they bundled it with. Hate to have to invest the time on learning Cubase when I’m already so fond of n-tracks…ah, well…

cliffie,
It looks as though n-track has a problem with the laptop/usb combination, mine doesn’t work either. Laptop with BCA2000. It must be something to do with the way n-track interfaces with the drivers, other progs seem to be more tolerant.

Sounds like something Flavio might be interested in fixing… he’s pretty responsive, especially if it’s happening on a large scale, like this sounds to be. It could be menaingful if you guys wrote him via “Support”- on the web-site Home page.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I’ve submitted the info to support and will report back with any useful suggestions…

Cool! You’ve just taken advantage of one of the key features of n-Track. We’ll see what happens…