5.1 sourround?

anyone?

hi all, i am interested in creating a 5.1 surround disc only for the reason of entertaining myself… because many dvd players don’t support dvd-audio, i figure that i could make a common dvd, put some pictures/text/whatever up and make the 5.1 soundtrack… although this will be in incredibly boring disc, i’m more interested in the processes and technology involved… video is a strange beast to me, and i want to learn it…

thanks,
isaac

cakewalks sonar version4 producer edition will let you do 5.1 or 7.1 and i think 9.1 if that even exists, its very expensive though i’m sure there’s cheaper one out there. erhaps some video software, i’m not sure but i think adobe premier pro lets you do surround sound. bottom line. dollars.

If you will do for entertainment, This proggie can help you. Is free, allow 5.1 (if i correctly remember), and is buggy a little (that can help to your entertainment :;):

Edit: yeap, it allow 5.1, 6.1 and other sourround variations, but be aware that is a little confuse to use…

Version 4.1 of n-Track will allow surround mixing in 5.1, 7.1 and above channel configurations, and it will include a surround panner. I hope to release a beta in a couple of weeks.

Flavio.

wow, that’s great flavio!.. on a related note, will the upcoming release support burning to dvd?.. or will the user need a dedicated burning application for that?..

thanks for the info, guys!

isaac

w00t! :D

Tony

I couldn’t agree more!

Now I just need to figure out how to convince the wife that I need three more monitors and a subwoofer!

:p

To Flavio: Those are some cool features!
To idover: Those are some cool moves your icon got! Hammer time!:D