50 years ago

The Day The Music Died

Sometimes, like while I am listening to old field recordings from the Smithsonian, or reading how music used to be something everybody made at home, I think how the ‘music industry’ has ruined music. Then I think about Buddy Holly, and all the other great music makers we have lost, and I am so glad there were slimy record executives demanding they get a new single out every 3 months…

Nice little vid; thanks for finding it and posting it.

'til next time;
wynot

The first STRAT HERO…
both him an Waylon used Fender Bassman amps on that Dance Party Tour
Which kicked off in Milwaukee at the then George Devine Million Dollar Ballroom,which is now called the Eagles Club
If the bus’s used for the tour would have been in better shape and able to heat,the plane wouldnt have been charterd,simple as that

I remember my sisters cryin’ their eyes out and playin’ Buddy Holly’s records all night.

Yep, too many great artists had been lost to plane crashes, another would be the great songwriter Jim Croce.

Quote: (Zay @ Feb. 04 2009, 2:26 AM)

Yep, too many great artists had been lost to plane crashes, another would be the great songwriter Jim Croce.

...and some just plain crashed...

Jimi
Janice
Jim

(beware if your name is Jim)
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Feb. 03 2009, 5:40 PM)

I remember my sisters cryin' their eyes out and playin' Buddy Holly's records all night.

Yeah me too... err... no... wait a minute. I wasn't here yet! :p

Ya' old farts! :laugh:

D

PS Additional plane crash victims;

Ronnie Van Zandt
Steve Gaines
Cassie Gaines

Stevie Ray Vaughn

Ronnie Van Zandt was so impressed with Steve Gaines after they asked him to join Skynyrd he is quoted as saying "One day we'll be standing is his shadow." What a loss...

Check out "I Know a Little" for some patented Gaines guitar work and song writing. :agree: