64 bit interface and audio software

MOTU

I loaded Windows 7 64bit on to my laptop. The MOTU driver will only load as a 64 bit driver. I can’t get the MOTU to work with Ntrack or Sound Forge 10. I tried Ntrack 64 and get the same error - error 25. It’s not Ntrack. Sound Forge does the same thing. I tried loading a diffenent, earlier version of the MOTU drivers. Same error.
Anyone one got a suggeston of cure?
Thanks,
Bax

Using ASIO?

Yes, ASIO does not work either. There are MME, and the new Mircrosoft , and ASIO drivers. None work - same errer code 25. The MOTU console loads and functions, but the Cuemix along with every audio program I have does not.
Appreciate the response.
Bax

Quote: (bax3 @ Mar. 10 2012, 10:47 PM)

I loaded Windows 7 64bit on to my laptop.
The MOTU driver will only load as a 64 bit driver.
I can't get the MOTU to work with Ntrack or Sound Forge 10.
I tried Ntrack 64 and get the same error - error 25.
It's not Ntrack.
Sound Forge does the same thing.
I tried loading a diffenent, earlier version of the MOTU drivers.
Same error.
Anyone one got a suggeston of cure?
Thanks,
Bax

what are the specs on the laptop? ram?

I don't know if this has any relevance whatsoever, but I have read of issues with Video display RAM allocation and that was back when people were transitioning to 32bit.

the reason I remember it is that same error code number came up, Error 25 and it turned out to be direct3D related.

my memory is a bit patchy on what the solution was it seemed to vary from machine to machine, an after the market driver fix or Widows update, my guess is tho with Windows 7 if you just loaded the disk you are going to be in need of an immediate update as I'm sure they got it sorted early on but those drivers won't be on the disk (they are in service packs)
:D

check your DirectX edition, you may need a newer or older version/driver for your lappy eg. 9.0, 8.0 etc etc.

dontcare

Just guessing but have you tried to load the driver by right clicking and “run as admin”?

Just a thought.

PACO