A change of pace for my new song

A bit of a change of pace for my new song which is a slower ballad style. Called “Time to Forget” you can check it out at (still needs vocals, but singers are hard to find!!);

www.myspace.com/monstasonix

for the guitarists, the solo at 2:34 is via my new Bugera 333xl on the lead channel. All other guitars are dirct via GT8. I use plug-in effects sparingly but I use the n-track compressor and parametric eq on most tracks. Again, all recorded with my n-track V5. I haven’t gone to V6 'cause 5 is working for me. I actually should look into what the improvements are. Love my n-track!

Sounds good Josh :agree: Thx for sharing!

Nice work, Monsta.

The Bugera 333xl sounds good, nice solo. What kind of mic did you use, or was that the line out?

Quote: (pingcat @ Jan. 19 2010, 9:33 AM)

The Bugera 333xl sounds good, nice solo.
What kind of mic did you use, or was that the line out?

I used the Loop Send to a GI100 DI Box which has a cab sim in it. This way I record direct without waking the neighbours. My GT8 is in there for effects also but I didn't use the GT8 cab sims. I haven't tried the line out yet but will have to so so soon.

I'm pretty happy with the bugera (very happy for the price). The clean channel is really very good though I didn't use it on this recording. The lead channel is good. Still working on getting the crunch channel to a sound I like, this may be the amps weakest link - but I haven't had it long so the jury is still out.

Nice sound. I like the ring of the heavily compressed guitars. Great solo.