a chat room ?

I have had a couple of back channel requests for a chat room - any forum-wide interest? let me know and I’ll research it. If Flavio will allow it here fine - if not here I will post it to one of my servers - that is if there is enough interest.

I think it’s a great idea PW. The Reaper guys have a chat room and helping noobs is sometimes much better facilitated in chat versus all the forum “noise”. So yeah +1 from me. Flavio should really consider this. One on one help is much better as long as someone is available in the room and knows what to do TO help.

D

As long as there’s a buffet I’m in!

Chat would help better with problems.

Hi Gents:

A chat room is sometimes pretty good…
I remember way back in Hux and Sully Days…
There was and If I remember correctly a form of chat room…
It was like the very beginnings of v1 days…
I was just coming out of ATARI Days. I had little if any knowledge of how to navigate pages/screens of guys typing and talking-with print…
I had so many questions regarding n-Track and I didn’t know how to work the pages that flowed through the chat room…
Well, that’s what I seem to remember about that chat room…

Hux…
Are you out there?

Do you remember all that??
in any more detail…
regarding that chat room ????

Bill…

p.s.

[Quote]

As long as there’s a buffet I’m in!

Hehehe…

Pork Rinds, Turnip Greens and Potatoe Peels…
Will that do
????

I like Beet Greens…

+1 for chat room -

Dr J

Open bar?

Quote: (woxnerw @ Jun. 18 2008, 12:30 PM)

Pork Rinds, Turnip Greens and Potatoe Peels..
Will that do
????

It's food with taste Bill! :) I'll come hungry!

Tom? Open Bar Exam?
Ooops wrong bar.

I’m gonna test some aps - maybe Flavio will know of one we can use from here.

I’ll donate if he has to buy one.

Let’s test drive the java one - just login.

I’ll be there on and off - bookmark the page and hang out with the English all night and talk about 'em all day! :laugh:

n-Track Chat test

Ok Wabbitt - you log in to chat - then I don’t get any input - you havin’ glitches or yankin’ my chain? Sounds like sumpin’ Yaz or D would pull.

It’s Grits, Gravy and BYOB
:cool:

I’ll be around tomorrow when I get to the salt mine Poppa. I checked just now… no one home…

D

Everyone feel free to hang there a while - I need it tested. The ultimate test will be for Bill Woxner on the modem speed - if he can sign in and have good response time we can use it.

I can already tell you this is going to be a problem for us dialup people. Everything went okay till I got booted off the internet and had to log back in. Wouldn’t let me. Said I was already there. Guess I could have logged in under a different name and talked to myself, but not sure I would have gotten an answer…lol

Yep, I’m still there. You can log in and talk to me, but I’ll just ignore you. (I’m going to bed.)

you didn’t show up when I just checked. We’ll test drive it hard though.

Dial up and chat doesn’t mix well, like listening to music, instead of enjoyment it becomes pure annoyment!

I’ve went from dial-up to RR Turbo!

Talk about yer one extreme to another, yeah I know what yer saying, Yaz is having another one of them conversations with himself again.

Yaz

Quote: (Yaz @ Jun. 19 2008, 5:14 AM)

Dial up and chat doesn't mix well, like listening to music, instead of enjoyment it becomes pure annoyment!

I've went from dial-up to RR Turbo!

Talk about yer one extreme to another, yeah I know what yer saying, Yaz is having another one of them conversations with himself again.

Yaz

Wow Yaz, RR Turbo is the bomb!

The scary thing is when I answer myself!

Yaz Too

Hi Gents:

The test page is showing me a 404 exception/Blocked and…

That’s wierd…
Unless my Panda A/V + Firewall, is causing it…

Got any ideas as to how I can workaround this ????

Bill…

[EDIT]

p.s. I have gone to chat rooms all over the place… I have not as I recall came up with any “Internet Connection” speed issues…

Remember, I have SP 3 installd on this setup… Could that cause this ????

You have the latest java Bill? May be a place to start…