She knew she’d never really said "Hello"
now she knew she couldn’t say Goodbye…

There ain’t always a happy-ever-after
and the boy don’t always get the girl
this time the ending is so much sadder
’cause it’s once upon a time
in the Real World…

What a great guitar track Sound

Yo sure you ain’t using a Deluxe Wide Fac’d Tweed Re-issue Amp on that track ???? you got on the right channel…
:agree:

Sure sounds nice…

Bill…

No sir, digitech RP-80 on a basic clean (probably was a fender amp-model though, lol!) any effects were done in the software. Exact same preset for the lead break, just higher level and AutoVol plug-in for old-time tremolo sound.

Alright…

:)
:laugh:

But, that guitar track sure sounds nice, on that song…
You got No GNX4 machine, or whatever they’re called ??

Bill…

Nice song danny thought your vocal was good on this
what about some eagles style harmonies onthe chorus?
still some slight sync issues ther or is it all the delay/reverb your using on things? its hard to tell

tina

Raght haars ye a country song son…

:laugh:

UJ

LOL, UJ, so tell me:

How do you think old Hank would have done it if he’d had the equipment we have now?
Can you imagine how beautiful a song like “Whispering Pines” or possibly “Behind Closed Doors” would be if Johnny Horton or Charlie Rich had possessed n-track to noodle around on?

Country music is about real, everyday life, that all of us can identify with. You keep the sound of the old country & western, and add a dollop of humor, but your subjects are still something most of us have dealt with, infidelities, loss of relationships, etc.

Travis Tritt and Toby Keith may not have done it like Hank Williams or Conway Twitty, but I don’t think THEY would have done it the same way if they’d grown up with the influences and equipment we have now.

One other thing, and this you can be sure of: When Hank was out on the road sing “Honky Tonk Man” and “Hey Good Lookin’” there were fellers out there who were shaking their heads and saying "That ain’t country music, these kids are ruining it!"

You don’t like the new country, and you don’t like rock music. 30 Years from now, the kids who are growing up with the stuff now are going to say "What are these kids doing to our music? THAT AIN’T HOW IT’S SUPPOSED TO SOUND!"

There is some god-awful rock music out there, I have to admit. You couldn’t pay me to listen to most of it, or the Gangsta Rap, but that’s simply because I grew up with different tastes. That doesn’t make the music bad, because somewhere out there, it’s changing somebody’s life, and making their world a better place, which is all music was ever supposed to do… it’s to entertain us :)

-Danny

Tina, I hear the sync issues in the vocals, and I’m looking into what happened there, because I don’t remember going out of time on those places. Quite a few of these songs need polishing before I submit them to be sold on the CD… but they’re showing improvement, I think, slowly but surely

-Danny

Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Nov. 12 2010, 11:03 PM)

LOL, UJ, so tell me:

How do you think old Hank would have done it if he'd had the equipment we have now?
Can you imagine how beautiful a song like "Whispering Pines" or possibly "Behind Closed Doors" would be if Johnny Horton or Charlie Rich had possessed n-track to noodle around on?

Country music is about real, everyday life, that all of us can identify with. You keep the sound of the old country & western, and add a dollop of humor, but your subjects are still something most of us have dealt with, infidelities, loss of relationships, etc.

Travis Tritt and Toby Keith may not have done it like Hank Williams or Conway Twitty, but I don't think THEY would have done it the same way if they'd grown up with the influences and equipment we have now.

One other thing, and this you can be sure of: When Hank was out on the road sing "Honky Tonk Man" and "Hey Good Lookin'" there were fellers out there who were shaking their heads and saying "That ain't country music, these kids are ruining it!"

You don't like the new country, and you don't like rock music. 30 Years from now, the kids who are growing up with the stuff now are going to say "What are these kids doing to our music? THAT AIN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND!"

There is some god-awful rock music out there, I have to admit. You couldn't pay me to listen to most of it, or the Gangsta Rap, but that's simply because I grew up with different tastes. That doesn't make the music bad, because somewhere out there, it's changing somebody's life, and making their world a better place, which is all music was ever supposed to do... it's to entertain us :)

-Danny

I like that reply, dannyraymilligan:

That sortta covers about 50 years of Hard-core Country Fabric..

You got the beginnings of a Country Reality Song, there..
Just get busy and lay some guitar lines and all, on the timeline..

W a i t i n g

:whistle:

????

Bill..
Quote: (dannyraymilligan @ Nov. 12 2010, 9:03 PM)

LOL, UJ, so tell me:

How do you think old Hank would have done it if he'd had the equipment we have now?
Can you imagine how beautiful a song like "Whispering Pines" or possibly "Behind Closed Doors" would be if Johnny Horton or Charlie Rich had possessed n-track to noodle around on?

Travis Tritt and Toby Keith may not have done it like Hank Williams or Conway Twitty, but I don't think THEY would have done it the same way if they'd grown up with the influences and equipment we have now.

One other thing, and this you can be sure of: When Hank was out on the road sing "Honky Tonk Man" and "Hey Good Lookin'" there were fellers out there who were shaking their heads and saying "That ain't country music, these kids are ruining it!"

You don't like the new country, and you don't like rock music. 30 Years from now, the kids who are growing up with the stuff now are going to say "What are these kids doing to our music? THAT AIN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND!"

There is some god-awful rock music out there, I have to admit. You couldn't pay me to listen to most of it, or the Gangsta Rap, but that's simply because I grew up with different tastes. That doesn't make the music bad, because somewhere out there, it's changing somebody's life, and making their world a better place, which is all music was ever supposed to do... it's to entertain us :)

-Danny

You're taking me too serious Daniel!

You'd crap a brick if you knew who my favorite band was. (HINT: It ain't Unknown Hinson) You're right about 'New Country' though... I don't like it. It's re-hashed 70's rock. Screw that. Figure out if you're 'country' or 'rock'. Pick one. The lines started getting blurry with Alabama, Restless Heart and the like. Downhill ever since. Country music doesn't know WHAT it is anymore. (IMO, YMMV, etc... etc... blah-blah oh doo-dah day...) :laugh:

What if the 'greats' had n-Track? Well they'd traded up real quick like for sure... but if they'd had todays technology and the inherent temptations involved? I fear they would not have done as well. Seriously. Technology has LOWERED the bar where musicianship, arrangement and song-craft are concerned. Any kid with mom's laptop and a stack of "Smash Hit or Die" loop CD's can 'write' a 'hit' song. He a PRO-doosah... y'all... :heart-break:

UJ

^^^^^^ You and my life-long Steel Friend (who is not with us anymore) would fit like a shoe in a glove… together… That is, if you’re traditional Country… Any deviation from the traditional recipe would mean that it’s not music… According- to-Leonard… :) :p

His humor was so dry, it made me spit Dust-Bunnies, when he got going…

Bill…