A couple of original tunes from yours truly...

Levi asked if I had any original material, so here’s a few I did a little while back.
I recorded these in Cubase and I found the process to be really frustrating which is what led me to try Reaper, Tracktion and a few others until I found nTrack.

These tracks are straight-up drum, bass & guitar and are sort of representative of what I do which is mainly instrumental prog type rock.
The tunes were recorded with live drums and I doubled on bass and guitar duties.
I’m using a Gary Moore signature Les Paul with Burstbucker pickups into a Mesa Mark IV head into a Std. 4X12 Mesa Recto Cab stereo setup.
Everything was mic’d through a Mackie mixer.

I wrote the “Subkah” tune in honor of a close cousin of mine who was killed by a sniper near a remote outpost in Iraq back in 2007.
It has sort of an Eastern feel to it.

“Flying Without Wings” is about a dare I took to freefall from a plane @ 10,000 ft. with a group of buddies…ain’t nuthin like it if you haven’t tried it.
:)

http://www.4shared.com/file…gs.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/138402300/4d20c913/Subkah.html

Enjoy (or not)
:laugh:

-hj

Flying Without. Diggin the busy bass playin! Nice recording and mix on the drums! More big league pickin :agree: Wow sweet drummer! It’s all plenty bluesy to my liking. Nice :agree:

Went from reaper to n huh? :laugh:

I have no trouble getting into Subkah, great! Awesome mix on these songs Jack.

Did you have your material ready played before the studio? It’s just a matter of time before some nTracker bangs a gong with a hit tune, could be you big guy!

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 07 2009, 9:46 PM)

Did you have your material ready played before the studio?
It's just a matter of time before some nTracker bangs a gong with a hit tune, could be you big guy!

Levi - these tunes got a lot of live venue workout before they saw the studio. I apperciate the kind words. Thanks.

Cool tunes and mixes. Nice work.

Dang, you can write and you can play. That’s really great stuff, Hugh. I’m with levi, I really like the bass on Flying.

Flying is a beautiful jazzy sound. Yep…Bass is great here. Top class guitar as usual. Great stuff!! :agree:

you play so well, shame on me for thinking all you was good for was making farting noises and poo jokes…

you write well, love your layering/build ups, you playing everything here?

Enjoy or Not…hmmmm…I think I enjoyed! Very much! :)

digging 'flying." like the way it builds to the motor rhythm, breathes, and kicks back in a few times.

great axe solo too.