A couple sort of..

:slight_smile:

Two songs here, one that Bruffie will say is too short, another which reflects the not entirely sober state of the band at the time…

First, “Subdiction Bothers Me”:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8230702

Second, “Big Foot”:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8230701

:D

Today is Sweetest day in the USA guys. Just a reminder.

:laugh: Big footin! Nice work Thomas, diggin the tunes mr ntracker/postcompresser!

I noticed an important announcement that was posted on ol’cookie’fingers main page; “NEWS
Well, CookieFinger actually competed the FAWM.org 50 songs in 90 days, but CookieFinger will never do that again…” lol
:cool:
I was under the impression that you where enjoying yourself. Did ya mean to say “completed”? :agree:

Subdiction : Great guitar riff. Excellent use of the vocal. Great song!

Bigfoot : Chord progression in parts is like ‘I’m a Man’ by Chicago. Nice song, a lot going on there.

Quote: (Bruffie @ Oct. 17 2009, 2:09 PM)

Subdiction : Great guitar riff. Excellent use of the vocal. Great song!

Bigfoot : Chord progression in parts is like 'I'm a Man' by Chicago. Nice song, a lot going on there.

Uh...you mean that the guitarist who was not quite him or her or itself at the time, might have stolen that riff?
Nah...
:)

Levi, I just hate it when you pick on my speling. Anyway, I just checked it, and it seems speled rite 2 me.
:laugh:

Cool tunes. Like the guit-fiddle riffin’ in both. Also like what you are doing behind the main riffs with the other instruments. Interesting the way you mixed both.

The Subdiction song has one interesting feature - the guitar is double tracked and panned, of course, b/c I predictably do that, but I also stuck a mic right on the strings, and panned that “acoustic” track to the other side for each guitar. I wonder if you guys can hear it in there at all?

Anyway, many thanks for the listens, my friends!

Quote: (TomS @ Oct. 18 2009, 9:29 AM)

The Subdiction song has one interesting feature - the guitar is double tracked and panned, of course, b/c I predictably do that, but I also stuck a mic right on the strings, and panned that "acoustic" track to the other side for each guitar.
I wonder if you guys can hear it in there at all?

Anyway, many thanks for the listens, my friends!

Hmmmm? Thought I was hearing a compressed generic clean mode strat!

So clean there wasn’t even any amp…

Ok so the band was a little juiced, so what? :laugh: Cool songs regardless, out of the 60’s, spencer davis, birds, MC5.

Nice tunes Tom…yep can hear the difference in the guitar tones on “Sub Diction”. Not sure that’s a one word.
A little harsh/brass on the guitar sounds, unique tho.

Yes on the Bigfoot tune…move the opening Am7th (?) progression up to Cm7th and you have “I’m a Man”. LOL
Good job on both tunes buddy! LIke the vocal outro on Bigfoot!
:agree:

Footnote: Getting spelling correction by Levi…the shame! :whistle:

hey, did anyone mention yet that the turnaround in ‘bigfoot’ sounds like chicago’s “i’m a man”?

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Oct. 19 2009, 9:36 AM)

hey, did anyone mention yet that the turnaround in 'bigfoot' sounds like chicago's "i'm a man"?

Good God!
You are right!
I will harass the guitarist for that! How come the rest of you guys didn't catch that!!!!!

Because Chicago got “I’m A Man” from Spencer Davis :wink: and your playin sounds more like spencer davis than Chicago :p It’s a good thing!

i like the old chicago stuff!

incognito

yea buddy Bunch of great players :agree: