A Headline of AOL

The oldest profession

A headline on today’s AOL:

<!–QuoteBegin>

Long Silent, Oldest Profession Gets Vocal and Organized
By MIREYA NAVARRO

Published: December 18, 2004

helby Aesthetic, a landscaper and writer in Huntsville, Ala., said she worked as a prostitute throughout her teenage years but never knew of a “sex workers movement” until last year, when she caught a performance of a touring art show where prostitutes performed and read short stories and poetry…"

Why is it called the “oldest profession”?

Surely someone else had to get a job and earn money to pay the tab first! ???

Ali

But thinking about it, I suppose it must have been after the invention of money that prostitution started.

Barter wouldn’t have done it; “I’ll give you food and drink and entertainment in exchange for sex”. No, that’s called “dating”.

Neither would promissory economics; “If you let me screw you, I’ll give you all sorts of wonderful things”. That’s called "running for Prime Minister/President/etc."

And the whole “goods for sex” thing, would be a handicap for any Lady of the Night. After all, standing on a corner in Soho trying to look after a herd of goats might be a wee bit of a problem.

But I suppose we all pay for sex in one way or another. And I know that lying in bed at 4AM listening to the screams, and both thinking, “If I pretend I’m asleep, he/she will go and feed and change the little sod” seems to be a very high price indeed! LOL

Ali

Guess that answers ‘why did the chicken cross the road’ question, Hooking the rooster on the other side eh?