A little bit of weirdness I can't figure out....

Signal going to Aux 2 …

Even though ALL the sends are off in the mixer, the first two tracks show activity on the Aux 2 level meters. I can Mute them and the activity stops. As far as I can recall, I have not used Aux 2 in this .sng file.

Any ideas where this signal indication is coming from? ???

TG

PS It’s not hurting anything at the moment. Just weird…

???

You’re a LOT if help! :D :D :D

Seriously, I forgot to mention this is n-Track V4.0.4 Beta build 1754. 24 Bit license.

TG

All of the beta versions do a similar thing with mine. Whenever I have a plugin in the group or aux, my aux 2 goes nuts. I also noticed that when I put a Voxengo plugin in either a group or aux, it causes my aux buss to go nuts and it distorts the sound of track one or two. Strange huh. :p

I’m sorry but I wasn’t able to reproduce the problem, it might be caused by something in the .sng file that I didn’t come accross. Please let me know if you find a way to reproduce the problem starting from a blank project or something that triggers the behavior. I’ve tried with some Voxengo plug-ins but they seemed to work correctly.

Flavio.

I appreciate you looking into it! I’ll be able to test it out later this evening with a new .sng file and will let you know.

Thanks!
Jason

Flavio,

Thanks for looking into it. I have another clue for you. I made a new song and imported the .wav files from the same session mentioned above. The Aux 2 meters did not start showing activity until I added the Kaerjhaus Classic Master Limiter to the Main Effects insert. This led me to do some more testing. The ONLY time I have this erroneous signal in Aux 2 is when the Kaerjhaus Classic Compressor or Master Limiter is in the Main effects slot. Looks like my problem at least can be traced to buggy plug-ins? Which is kind of a bummer since I use these often. As I said before though, I have not noticed any audio anomalies. Just the Aux 2 meter bouncing around when it should not.

Thanks,

TG

EDIT* More clues. Six track song. Kaerjhaus Classic Compressor in Master Effect. I have 5 Aux busses inserted in the mixer with all the channel sends off (inf). Aux 1 appears to work normally. Aux 2,3,4,5 show activity in the meters. By muting Track 2, the activity stops on Aux 2, Muting track 3 stops Aux 3, Muting track 4 stops Aux 4 etc…

Some of the Kaerjhaus plugs are buggy?

I tried what gtr4him did with a new .sng and five imported tracks. I placed the same plugin… Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter… on a single track, a group, master channel and an aux with the same results for each location. Track 2 was being piped to Aux 2 with very noticeable distortion. I also tried it with the Voxengo Pristine Space and Analogflux Suite plugins which reacted the same.

I can also confirm what gtr4him added about multiple busses plus I found that my track distortion follows the amount of busses open. When I have 2 aux busses, track 2 is distorted using the plugins above. If I have 3 aux busses, tracks two and three are distorted… and so on down the line. This happens consistently throughout my testing… very strange.

EDIT: I found that removing all aux busses or leaving just one allows these plugins to work without distorting the associated tracks. Using the AnalogFlux Suite though has noticeable latency now unlike v4.0.3. The compensate plugin latency option doesn’t seem to help in this case with the Beta versions. Hope some of this helps!

Thanks PF5150,

At least I know I’m not imagining the whole thing. I submitted a bug report to Flavio and he replied he is on the case. I bet he gets it sorted.

TG

I couldn’t leave you hanging out here alone with this problem… :D I’m surprised more people aren’t seeing this or at least speaking up. Jeromee mentioned something similar a few days ago. I’m sure Flavio will get to the bottom of it soon enough.

Eh, yeah AND there appears to be some similar weirdness going on with GROUPS as well. I’ll try to test a little tonight on the group thing and pop a note to the Flav-meister. Use groups = funky distortion…sometimes…

TG

PS THIS song only had Fasoft plugs in it too…

The problem was related to the plug-ins latency compensation function, it appeared with plug-ins that add latency. I’ve uploaded a new build (1756) that should solve the problem. Please let me know if you find other similar problems.

Flavio.

You da’ man. I WILL check it out!

Thanks!

TG

A quick test shows all is well with the Aux meters. I’ll check on the Groups problem tonight.

Thanks,

TG

Looks like you found the problem Flavio! Effects and busses are working and latency is back to normal… thank you very much! :)