A long strange day...

A friend of mine, not really close but we served together, we have a mutual friend who is very close to both of us - if you know what I mean - so ‘good’ friend by extension.

Anyway this friend, who served in Kosovo, just lost his oldest son in Afganistan.

One weird day anyway. Just waiting for confirmation of when the body will be returned - Memorial Service planned for next Saturday. Of course I plan to be there.

Weird day…weird day.

Very sorry to hear it Bill. Prayers going up for the family…

D

That’s terrible. So sorry, Bill.

I pray the peace of the Lord will be with you and his family. :)

Amen.

jerm :cool:

:( Sorry to hear it.

I am deeply sorry for you and your friends loss.

KingFish

Thanks guys.

my heartfelt condolences to you and the family.we mourn every life lost.every one a son or daughter…

Quote (audiobru @ April 27 2006,14:13)
my heartfelt condolences to you and the family.we mourn every life lost.every one a son or daughter…

I find it very decent of you to rise above our past differences and post this - a very sincere ‘thank you’ to you.

Also, for anyone interested, here is a story that appeared in the London Free Press (London, Ontario). I found it very touching - LFP Story.

I was on leave, so I only got in here now.

Sorry about that, man.

Like I said in another thread, parents should not have to see their children being burried.

:(

Makes one think more about the boys over in another country and the real horror/danger they serve in…