A new arrival to the family...

Aint she a beaut…? :slight_smile:

Thought I’d share these pics of my new self built guitar if anyone’s interested. My second self build. The first one…? Well, we never speak of the first one. Suffice to say both it, and me, came out the other side a lot worse for the wear… :slight_smile: But I took my time with this one, and am chuffed to bits with the results… See the pics HERE!

Nice. :)

Nice Job!

A Brian May hanging there? Nice wall.

looks like a great addition!

Quote: (Yaz @ Apr. 09 2009, 8:13 AM)

Nice wall.

Yes indeed. The wallpaper is faboo.

Very NICE Daz… :agree:

I have an HSS Strat… luv it. Probably the most versatile guitar I own. It’s a “self-assembled” “Franken-Strat”. All Fender MIM Standard Strat parts except for the pickups. Carvin C22B at the bridge with AP-11’s at the middle and neck. My Hag Viking is still my favorite at the moment though… :)

Strat…

Yep… love your “wallpaper”!

D

Cool, thanks for the comments. Yeah, she’s a beauty. Never realised putting a humbucker in a Strat would make such a difference. Probably gonna be my main guitar now. Sounds better than my USA Fender Strat Plus Deluxe on the wall there! Yeah, that is a Burns Brian May too. Great guitar. Huge amount of tonal possibilities there. Of course, it sounds best when driven hard through my VOX AC30! :slight_smile:

Quote: (dazzi_g @ Apr. 09 2009, 10:36 AM)

Cool, thanks for the comments. Yeah, she's a beauty. Never realised putting a humbucker in a Strat would make such a difference. Probably gonna be my main guitar now. Sounds better than my USA Fender Strat Plus Deluxe on the wall there! Yeah, that is a Burns Brian May too. Great guitar. Huge amount of tonal possibilities there. Of course, it sounds best when driven hard through my VOX AC30! :-)

Hi Daz,
With my digitech processor I have the option to use humbuck pickups with my strat, it gives me a sweeter tone with higher volume.
I love to play strats or pauls but I usually have my sound cranked and the humbucker it sweeter. I can relate!!
Did you make that swap yourself or did you have that done for you?

levi, he made that guitar!

too bad it’s enxt to a Les Paul…

Love the headstock labels. :agree:

Lol, I bought the scratchplate with the pickups fitted. Wanted a humbucker for the versatility. I can quickly see this becoming my main guitar though. Love it to bits already. The decal says “Bitzer Partsocaster. With Bastardized Tremolo.” And the little decal says “Badly concocted body.” :slight_smile:

Where’d you get the decals made? They look great.

D

I want one!

Hey Daz, I see you don’t like changing straps, LOL
:laugh:

The decals were an ebay job. There’s a few guys there that sell the real deal, or make them up to say whateer you want. Thought it added a comedic touch… :slight_smile: