A new day in South Carolina

Buenos Airhead…

What’s up with this guy Mark Sanford?!?! I heard he was the rising star of the Republican Party - I guess no more. He has apparently been removed from the 2009 Values Voter Summit - ha, ha, ha. Sandord called for Clinton to resign - I think it’s time for Sanford to resign.

Yep - I figured on seeing this - What happened to the left’s “Personal life” mantra. That’s the chant when it’s a democrat caught with his pants down.

Resign? He oughta be publicly castrated by his wife! Republican or not it’s a sign of bad judgement, manipulation, moral decay, hypocrisy, and weakness.
He just needs to change party affiliation is all. Problem solved.

Poppa - Sanford made the decision to go public with this, not the left or the media.
I agree that this is a personal/private issue but Sanford made it a PUBLIC issue by 1) leaving the US w/o putting the Deputy (Lietenant?) Governor in charge, 2) lying to the public about where he was (Appalachian Trail my a**), 3) raising questions about whether or not he used public funds to travel to Argentina, and 4) by being a hypocrit by saying he was for family values, etc.

It’s guy’s like Sanford, not gays, who threaten the institution of marriage!

It doesn’t matter what party Sanford is in - he is political toast now. You know that.

I’m always shocked when anybody has sex.
:laugh:

Sure he was a big family value guy! People have sex?

Ummm…Bill Clinton…

Quote: (phoo @ Jun. 25 2009, 11:59 AM)

Ummm.....Bill Clinton......

Oh NO phoo... You musta missed this part...

Where ya' been man?

D
:laugh: Bill Clinton?
It really doesn't matter what your beliefs are, when it comes right down to it. If ya get suduced their isn't much one can do about it.
It happens all the time.
At least this guy didn't pretend not.
:agree:
So much family bs is like being potilically correct anyway and is obvious and is boring.
But in frunt of young people is fine of course.
But who says that their going to grow up like their parents?
I just hope I don't get seduced by someone so hot it makes me act like a fool :laugh:
Quote:

If ya get suduced their isn't much one can do about it.

Sure there is! There's will power, morality, conscience... You can say NO. Do the right thing. The wrong thing WILL bite the seat outta your britches sooner or later...

In the case of Slick Willy, his only regret is, he got CAUGHT. I'm sure it's the same with Sanford.

D

Ya D your saying that now, because your not being seduced!!!
Other wise you would be dead meat! :laugh: Well maybe not dead! Used meat!

You know… it’s funny. Before I got married, I had several err… “opportunities” but I swear a week after I tied the knot, the women and more “opportunities” started popping out of the wood work. I had made my vow though, and I stuck to it. A few of them were pretty hard to walk away from but I always like to think that I was a better man for walking away. You can’t put a price on a clear conscience!

D

Y’all are banging around my point. A certain group of people want to keep hammering that Bill should be…whatever…and can’t let it go that he did a bad thing, and we still hear about it years later. Yet, there is a group that says it was personal, no one got killed, let him take his punishment from Hillary…let it go.

Now, seems like if Bill should be let off the hook (as much as he was) then the SC guy should be given as much slack. After all, he did admit upfront that he was screwing around…or he should be…what? Resign, be castrated, nothing?

It’s interesting to see how some in those groups flipflop depending on which party the offending cad is from.

Nothing new. Just an interesting observation. I’ve been anticipating it since yesterday.

By, the way, this isn’t directed at anyone here (don’t want Mike or anyone else thinking I’m singling them out - I’m definitely NOT). It’s an observation directed at the news folks in general. They get better rating when the pot is being stirred. Stir the pot equally and I-B-OK.

My personal feelings about Sanford? He should have taken that trip with Bev Purdue. THAT would have been GREAT to follow in the news.

I can’t believe this guy refrenced Bill Clinton?!? :laugh:

Quote:

let him take his punishment from Hillary....

I agree... no other punishment would fit the deed! Besides, what could be WORSE? :laugh:

D

I love it someone asks the perfect question…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorena_Bobbitt

:whistle:

Austin Powers voice

OUCH KA-BIBBLE!!

D

Quote:

As of 2007, she (Lorena Bobbitt) was working at the beauty salon Classy-cuts in the D.C. area

Ah, the irony of it all.
Quote:

Now, seems like if Bill should be let off the hook (as much as he was) then the SC guy should be given as much slack.

I don't think Clinton got off the hook. He was impeached by the Congress and he was disbarred for his errors.

The issue with Sanford (and all the other right-wing hypo's) is that they go around preaching family values/morals, yet they are doing the same thing Clinton was doing. In my book, they are worse than Clinton because they are hypo's at best and liars at worse.
Quote: (phoo @ Jun. 25 2009, 3:02 PM)

My personal feelings about Sanford? He should have taken that trip with Bev Purdue. THAT would have been GREAT to follow in the news.

And take Kay Hagen too! :whistle: