A new day in South Carolina

Why is this Sanford guy continuing to open his mouth? Did you hear any of this press conference he had yesterday? The guy is digging a grave for himself. He will most surely have to resign.

To say one party has a monopoly on being hypocrites is total nonsense. From FDR to Kennedy, to Gary Hart to Bill (whose main prob was repeated indiscretions), there is enough to go around. Marital instability is a fact of life. Sanford is different in that he abandoned his elected post for five days. For this, I expect to see him ousted. And he will be as soon as that issue becomes the focus.
For American politicians, ‘if you have to have an affair, don’t use taxpayer funds to foot the bill, and don’t abandon your post, and don’t send emails to your concubine. And when you get caught do us all a favor and quit using each other as excuses for your behavior.’

:laugh: So much for truth, honesty, and taking it like a man!
Quote:

To say one party has a monopoly on being hypocrites is total nonsense.

No-one is saying that, but Sanford RAN on family values & morals, along with many other Repub's that have admitted affairs, so they are big hypo's in my book. Having said that, show me a recent incident where a Dem has been as much of a hypocrit as Sanford has been? The only one I can think of is Spitzer and I don't recall that he ran on a platform of catching prostitutes & adulterers.
Quote:

but Sanford RAN on family values & morals

And Bill ran on tax cuts - but gave us the largest tax increase.
Hypocrite?

Bill Clinton ran on tax cuts - I don’t think so?!?!

I know so.
Remember the ‘middle class tax cut’? Look it up. Even the NY Times took him to task.

Isn’t this what Bill’s buddy Al calls “An Inconvenient Truth”? LOL…

D

Quote:

Remember the 'middle class tax cut'? Look it up. Even the NY Times took him to task.

That's like saying the Bush senior ran on tax increases. Clinton won in 1992 because 1) Ross Perot who took 19% of the vote, and 2) Bush senior looked weak. Yes - Clinton made use of the "read my lips - no new taxes" thing.

Listen - you can say whatever you want about Bill Clinton but I agree with Alan Greenspan (a conservative): "I thought Bill Clinton was the best Republican president we've had in a while." Clinton cut welfare way back, he balanced the budget and set the stage for economic growth - these are facts that are undeniable.