A .wav file question?

Hey all
Does anyone know or point me in the direction of finding out what a .wav22 file is. I have noticed this on several CD imports. Is this a dithering thing relating to 16bit audio. I have looked all over the net trying to find out but to no avail.
Thanks
jeromee

Quote (jeromee @ Nov. 08 2004,17:58)
Hey all
Does anyone know or point me in the direction of finding out what a .wav22 file is. I have noticed this on several CD imports. Is this a dithering thing relating to 16bit audio. I have looked all over the net trying to find out but to no avail.
Thanks
jeromee

Exactly what is the problem with the wav. ?
Never heard of that 22 thing.
But if your having trouble with wav. files in particilar I would suggest getting a program called db poweramp.
It's a free prgram that converts files from wav, to Mp3, and wma. I also use it to fix wav. files that won't play or to change there bit rate...cool thing to have. (google search it.)

jerm

I’m betting that the extension .wav22 is their way of saying it’s a wav file with a sample rate of 22 kHz. Don’t know why they did that, since any decent player/editor should be able to read the sample-rate from the wav file header.

Copy the file and change the extension of the copy to .wav, and see if you can open it.

Hey again
Sorry, I probably didn’t make my question clear. These are commercial CD’s. I load them into Sonic My DVD and it has the file type listed as “wav 22/44.1”. When I load my recorded files in it just lists them as wav files. I know about regular wav files and broadcast wav files but I was wondering if this is some higher resolution version of a file. Thanks for the comments.
jeromee

If you load the wavs into a wav editor and find a button to check the wav’s properties/information, that might help. Or usually it should already show you in a text field on the main screen, e.g. “System PCM, signed, 16 bit, 8khz, 128kbps, mono, length: 1.00 minute”, etc.