Aardvark Web Site Not Available

Has Aardvark gone out of business?

I’ve done a google search on the question of whether Aardvark has gone out of business and see some posts from others wondering the same thing. Their web site isn’t available and according to someone they don’t answer their phone and e-mails go answered.

So the real question is: Does anybody know if the Aardvark Windows drivers have been bought by someone who is going to support them? I have no issues with the current drivers but just as soon as I upgrade something in my PC (like from W2K to XP), sure as I’m sitting here, the Aardvark drivers will fail.

Yeah I’d heard the same thing as few weeks back here:

http://psalm149.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=631

Again, only heresay but it sure looks that it’s true.

Mark

ARGH! Well, I’ve had my Q10 for a while now, guess it’ll be good for a couple more years… That’s a drag… :(

I have a Q10 too, and I think that all we can do is hope somebody buys the source code to the drivers and supports them. The problem will be to find this company/person if and when the sale happens.

Ah, nuts! I also have a Q10, and it was not cheap at the time (£700).

Hopefully someone will be able to update the drivers. But I can see getting Aardvark drivers for Windows Longhorn will be like getting 3DFX drivers for XP. ??? ???

3DFX drivers for XP

HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA.......

Sorry...I couldn't resisist. I had a 3dfx card and used it Win2k for a while with beta drivers thaty would crash every hour or so....then well....that was that. I finally replaced it.

It's one thing to go out of business. It's another when a company (that makes worse products) buys another company (that makes better products) then the buying company nukes all support of the products it bought from the first company with the thought that if your existing card doesn't get any support you just might buy their new card......just a thought....it didn't work.
Quote (andycoburn @ Jan. 09 2005,13:52)
I've done a google search on the question of whether Aardvark has gone out of business and see some posts from others wondering the same thing. Their web site isn't available and according to someone they don't answer their phone and e-mails go answered.

So the real question is: Does anybody know if the Aardvark Windows drivers have been bought by someone who is going to support them? I have no issues with the current drivers but just as soon as I upgrade something in my PC (like from W2K to XP), sure as I'm sitting here, the Aardvark drivers will fail.

I don't know how much this will help, but here's a support site.
http://asg.hopto.org/ :;):

That makes aks myself wich one is the more supportive/old company in the soundcard side.
Maybe M-Audio?
Wich one is the older pro-soundcard that still have updated drivers by their own makers?