About deleted and edited posts

As you may have noticed I’ve started editing or deleting offending posts by the same single forum user who has been bringing to the forum constant negativity about n-Track without even using it.
As imperfect as it might be n-Track is the result of countless hours of work and I’m really really tired of seeing this same last poster on almost every forum thread talking about it as it was some despicable and evil product.
I apologize for the heavy handedness of this, I like free speech as much as anyone else but this has reached the point where the forum seems to be spammed and that takes back freedom from me and other users.

Sincerely,

Flavio.

So the US Constition First Amendment and Article 21 of the Constitution of Italy do not apply?

Here let me save you some trouble…

UJ

I think you exercised an awful lot of restraint in not banning the troll a lot sooner than you did.

Tim was never a troll.
His bottom line was always ‘use whatever works for you’, no matter how bluntly put.

That said, I can understand Flavio’s & other users’ point.
This both surprises & confuses me…

yep - Tim is one of the good guys and I’m sure the intent was pure. However it was taken.

I don’t understand the rules of the game - maybe I’m too old.

Hi Gents:

It would be nice if UJ Continued to post here…
However, it’s too sad to read just about every topic he replied to contained something that spoke in negative terms about the product that this message board refers to… I believe this message board is here in reference to the Making-of-Music using n-Track… Not the use of some other Editor(s)…

However, if the Making-of-Music refers to the use of some other Editor, that could be considered acceptable (In My Opinion, that…is…) to this Message Board and shouldn’t mean being disrespectful to the use of any other Software, including n-Track, in the Making-of-Music…

If you ain’t got anything good to say about something…
Why say anything bad about something ????
including any other Software-or-Applications, in the Making-of-Music…

Of course, that is just my idea of Reasoning and shouldn’t be taken as deciding who posts and who doesn’t post on this Message Board…

ME ????

I enjoy the company of all who posts here…
I made OR attempted to make music for more than
forty-five years of my life… (I sure hope it continues)…
I am amazed at how some of these Board Posters manufacture the music that they post links to, here…

ME ????

Most of the guys that I made music with are not here OR with us anymore…
:heart-break:

I can only reminisce about the music I used to make…
I get my kicks about remembering how I used to Do It…

Me
?
There’s nobody worse than me for replying to topics and saying-and-responding something “Off-Topic”
to a Thread…
I’ve posted replies many times that I wish I could take back or remove…
You all know…
Once you say something here, On the Internet< it lives on forever…
You can never “take-it-back”…
AND

You’re as good as the last action you caused on yourself or somebody else…
These places are very unforgiving, having said that… It might be nice to see UJ and others to return here and post their musical interests for others to appreicate…
Hey…
just tell me I am "Off-Topic…
Maybe I’ll get the message…

That’s what I got to say about that…
:p

Bill…

Maybe I’m wrong, but Tim seemed to have an agenda that was contrary to the purpose of this support forum. That’s an annoyance and it’s probably bad for business. If it’s bad for business, it’s not good for those of us who use, like and depend on this program. In an industry where there’s a lot of competition from other software developers, I’m not keen on passively watching people behave in a manner that could be detrimental to the company. And on its own support forum, no less.

His behavior was inappropriate.

I like Tim, and also know his intentions are good. That said, he probably should have used a little more restraint while pissing on a friends porch.
:whistle:

I’m also pretty certain that it was bad for business. Forums need a positive vibe.

Well duh? Its about time somebody got it!

It IS COMPETITION! And it seems to me, everyone ELSE is winning. Do you see n getting a monthly column in Sound On Sound magazine?

Like I said already about a million times; “Sometimes it takes a sharp poke with a stick…” n-Track has REAL potential…

K

PS Yeah… its me. You didn’t think I was gonna let PACO get me down did you? :laugh:

PPS For the record; no one banned UJ. I killed him my self.
# Inflammatory wording edited out
#

PPS I think I’m gonna take Tony’s advice and spend a hundred bucks. Do some side by side testing and post the results. Should be interesting. I got too much of that filthy green stuff anyway… :laugh:

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 13 2011, 8:26 PM)

Forums need a positive vibe.

Have you ever been on the intertubes before? So young. So naive.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Mar. 14 2011, 9:57 AM)

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 13 2011, 8:26 PM)

Forums need a positive vibe.

Have you ever been on the intertubes before? So young. So naive.

Thanks! :D

Yeah, I know, stuff happens. Doesn't need to in most cases. The FAWM community even had a blowout this time around, but it was pretty limited.
Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 14 2011, 6:38 PM)

[
The FAWM community even had a blowout this time around, but it was pretty limited.

what was that tom?

I don’t really know the full details, Tina, but some people got a bit bent out of shape as a result of some criticisms. Usual sort of stuff.

I was thinking about your comment, Bubba. The thing is, music forums mostly don’t have lots of meanness or negativity, at least not the few I look at regularly. Political forums, forums about religion, that sort of thing, those have lots of negativity. I see no reason for it here.

Quote: (TomS @ Mar. 14 2011, 5:21 PM)

Political forums, forums about religion, that sort of thing, those have lots of negativity.

Here, I'll get it started. :D

The Beatles suck. Country sucks. Rap sucks. Metal sucks. Your singing sucks. Your not singing sucks. Fenders suck. Gibsons suck. Your momma's club foot sucks. And you as a person have no value if you even remotely like any of the above. Oh, and your dog is ugly.

He hasn’t got a dog.

negativity is relative… take my wife, please.

You’re a maroon Bubba.

It’s not my dog. :laugh: