About the PARAEQ

How paraEqualizer works and what its for

Good day!

I am wondering and finding answers about,

HOW ParaEQ at n-track filters the wav file by having only the given bandwidth, Frequncy, and Gains…

I just needed to know the answers to my question.

Thank you

NOt sure I follow the question: the EQ in n_Track can have several different nodes added/selected to adjust several frequencies (left click to select or click in an open space to add a node). Each node is a “bell-Shape” with the center located at the node and you can adjust the width over 3 octaves. The amount of gain or cut is also individually adjustable (click and drag). In the EQ box on the tool bar for the box is an icon that looks like a tuning fork (sort of) and if you click on that you can open up the full menu. Run your mouse slowly over the icons anywhere in N_Track to get tool-tip information of what feature the icon controls/activates.
There is a help menu for each available by clicking on the ? box.
Hope that helps
Bax

Thank you!

It answered my question.

Now I am bothered if how I can get the specific gain on the filter… I mean,
Example, I only used one band and used a boost/cut and have a gain 30db and freq of 100hz.
How can I know what is the gain if the frequency is 80?
By pointing the mouse, its around 20db… But how Can i know it using the dxp file?

I personally think you are focused on the more technical side of what at some point has to be an artistic judgement. The display shows the moving lines of the songs energy in the different frequencies. A search fo the internet will tell you more about what frequences are involved in which instruments, but unfortunately, there is no substitute for what it sounds like - and that can change based on what speakers you are using and the qualities of every part of the record/listening system.
I own a program called Hal-bar. It takes a picture of the average EQ spectrum of an entire song. One idea of the program is to allow several different songs to be “sculpted” to the same sort of spectrum so that they sound more like they belong together. The advantage of this program to me, was it helped me learn what areas of a sound I didin’t or didn’t like. I use Ozone 4 now to do the some thing - however, it has a collection of sevceral different effects in one package as well as the EQ and EQ matching feature. With either program you take a “snapshot” of the music and then you can adjust the EQ nodes to mmore nearly match the previous sound recording - this is harder to explain. You might want to check out their Internet sites.
All that said, the EQ in N_Track is a good one, I like that I can see what the wave form looks like something many EQs do not have, meaning you have to use just your ears to make adjustments.
So, the shortest answer to your questions - does the music sound good to you? If it does you have a good start.
I seldom do much radical changing to the EQ of a soppng anymore. I do work with the individual tracks to get the sound I want - read up on that. There are whole books on the subject, but some articals on the Internet wil give you some ideas to try.