About time I posted a song eh?

I wish!

well, I am well aware that I have not recorded or posted a new song in ages…mainly coz life is mad, also coz my mic is broken…but then I wrote this song yesterday (inspired by the story of ‘The good samaritan’) and just had to get a demo down, I like this song enough to put it on the album…so I recorded it ‘live’ with the cheap dynamic. (to see if it is good enough and has the same charm recorded as it does to me when I sing it)

No frills, just plain old acoustic, girl n guitar in crappy home studio…

this is not about the recording (or badly timed harmonies etc) it is about the song itself, the concept, it’s likeability and potential, could it be good enough for the album?

I Wish!

Ange x

oops…dud link…i’ve fixed it now :)

Your “No frill” is better than most polished stuff.
Yes, it is likeable and good enough for any album.

Oh wow…I love that stuff almost as much as I love you! The harmonies (self?) that kick in around 2:00 are sweet. The innocence and subtlety reminds me of early Alison Krauss / Union Station material. This one is getting added to the rotation immediately. Great work! :) :agree:

Hi Ange:

Thanks for the link…
It’s perfectly YOU…
It’s a shame that your mic is giving you issues…
Technically…
the level is down, noisy/hums and all…
The material is So You…

I’ve had to poke up the Repro’s level to hear it…
Does anyone hear it that way… OR…
is my setup ????

Bill…

Quote:

I've had to poke up the Repro's level to hear it.. Does anyone hear it that way.. OR.. is my setup

I had to crank the vol up more than normal, but I am sneaking a listen at work on
poor head phones. I think that masked any hum noises, that along with the good
performance. Bad technical stuff tends to melt into the background when there
is interesting performance (at least for me).

Eh! Hey if you can sing this song like this performance when your in a happy go lucky mood, your hired! :agree:

I know I’m biased, but I ruddy love this song!!! :)

(p.s. I sorted the buzz and hum issues for Ange, so there’ll be no problems for the next recording. The latency and ASIO driver settings had got themselves all back to the default settings. As for the volume, that was apparantly partly to hide the buzz and partly because Ange wasn’t singing loud enough for the old dynamic mic :laugh:)

Quote:

Ange wasn't singing loud enough for the old dynamic mic :laugh:

ROBERT! :angry:

Thanks everyone :)

Quote:

early Alison Krauss / Union Station material
wow!

I’m gutted with the quality lapse in my recording, I know that my standers have dropped massively, but I just needed to get the song down regardless of any knocks, bumps, blips and god knows what other awful noises were in there. Rob is right…I did turn down the volume to try to hide them a little…guilty! :;):
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Hi Ange and All:

I expanded the mp3 file and imported it (the wav file) onto a timeline… Just to play with it…
I ain’t got it finished yet…
but I have it, call it anything else…
Dynamically enlarged…
It was originally a pretty HD mp3 file to begin with… It’s up by a factor of Log. TWO…
It might take more…
Who knows…
????
How grainy can it get till you stretch it beyond it’s limits.????

If it was a wav file to begin with it might take
stressing it to a greater amount…

Rob…
Try re-tracking it, again…
See how it goes…

I’ll expand it another factor and send it over to you…

Bill…

[EDIT] I’d like to attempt it in the studio using/listening at it with the m-Audio 196 audio card with the Creation Station and the MasterLink setup…

That’s a great track Ange and Rob…

Bill…

I’m wondering Ange, do you have a preamp for your mic’s?
If you don’t that would be a sorce for some of your studio struggle.
Something like this would work for your situation.
INEXPENSIVE M_AUDIO MIC PREAMPS I think Rob would catch on to nTrack real quick.
It would be even better if you could get a small sterio mixer that has preamps, so you could tweek the tone a little.
I’m still for you making your tracks at home as much as you can.
Also recording in a room with out carpet for the acoustic guitar might help a lot.
Voice too.
Just a money saving thought.
ADEQUATE INEXPENSIVE MIXER WITH PREAMPS
I’m sure some of these guys know of better ones.

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 06 2009, 3:36 PM)

I'm wondering Ange, do you have a preamp for your mic's?
If you don't that would be a sorce for some of your studio struggle.
Something like this would work for your situation.
INEXPENSIVE M_AUDIO MIC PREAMPS I think Rob would catch on to nTrack real quick.
It would be even better if you could get a small sterio mixer that has preamps, so you could tweek the tone a little.
I'm still for you making your tracks at home as much as you can.
Also recording in a room with out carpet for the acoustic guitar might help a lot.
Voice too.
Just a money saving thought.
ADEQUATE INEXPENSIVE MIXER WITH PREAMPS
I'm sure some of these guys know of better ones.

Just looked at your new room so NEVERMIND :laugh: I'm wonding, I noticed a brighter guitar tone in todays post. The result of you new room maybe?

Give ‘em a break guys - it’s a demo! :laugh:

Ange! That’s a beaut’ of a tune.

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 06 2009, 4:08 PM)

Give 'em a break guys - it's a demo! :laugh:

Ange! That's a beaut' of a tune.

Oh no way picking on Ange, just trying to help a little, she knows that. Remember helpin you not to long ago. :agree:
:agree: :laugh: I'll be needing more of it soon.
Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 06 2009, 4:22 PM)

:agree:
:laugh: I'll be needing more of it soon.

:D You and me both brother! Funny, after typing all that crap lol I look at her new house pic's and see that she already has all that covered. :)