ACID Music Studio

Any thoughts?

I’ve never done much with loops and the little I have done has been with ones I created myself, tweaked, and then used in n-Track.

But I’ve just heard about this new ACID product called Sony ACID Music Studio which is selling for US$70 (as opposed to US$400 for ACID Pro). Anyway, here’s a link - ACID Music Studio

I take it this is a scaled-down version of their popular program and I wondered if anyone familiar with ACID could take a look at the features of this and advise as to whether this would be worth the investment, or is it too limited to be any real value?

Thanks,
Bill.

Comparison chart:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Product…id=7838

It only runs at 16 bits, lacks stretching that Pro has, lacks VSTi support, lacks DXi automation, I dunno. Looks pretty primitive.

I’ve alwasy disliked their GUIs too. :)

Thanks Tom. I suspected as much, the price difference just seemed too vast.

Bill, I demo-ed Acid Pro, and found it to be a very powerful program.

I also demo-ed Fruity Loops, and despite the “kiddy GUI” found it to be equally powerful, (in some ways, more so), and much cheaper.

If you haven’t tried it, I strongly recoomend you do so.

But, if you do try it, see this quote from an earlier thread…

<!–QuoteBegin>

If you get fruity, the first thing to do is download:

GettingStarted_FLSTudio_Producer_Edition_cXP3.doc

Open Fruity and work through that tutorial, and in an hour or two you’ll be an expert! (or close at least).

And the producer edition can be used as either a VSTi in n-track, or through rewire.

Ali

I have been an avid acid user (inset drug related comment) for over three years now and own both acid pro 3.0 and vegas 4.0 and it is a great program for loop work I have not found a better. the studio version is not the full system that pro is but for just looping it is still very powerful. i still use acid a lot and import finished trackes into N to intigrate with midi and other things.

You should still be able to get the free 10 track version of ACID from acid planet - it will let you do the basic looping stuff:

here