Adapter

Connect a Laptop to a TV

I’ve got this problem at work where occasionally where the whole office needs to watch a webcast. We want to be able to view it on the TV rather than have to go through the hassle of hooking up the projector, etc…

Can anyone recommend an adapter. A new video card is out of the question.

There are a gazillion scan converters on the market to convert your VGA output to NTSC video. How old is your laptop? Most of them I’ve seen for the past several years have a composite video output built-in. Usually identified by a yellow female RCA connector. Plug that straight in to the video in jack on your TV and you are set. BTW, the latter composite video usually looks much better than the scan converter.

TG

The laptops are newer. No composite video output

What brand and model is it? I’ll try to help you locate what you need.

TG

It’s a fujitsu. I’m not sure what model it is. I’m home. I’ll check at work tommorow.

Thanks for the help.

Brad,

On Fuji’s website the “big” desktop replacement style laptops have S-Video ports. The others only have an external VGA port. You will need something like THIS to convert the VGA signal to composite video. This model may have S-Video out too. I have a model like this one and it works really well. Mine is probably this ones older brother though. I’ve had it about 2 years now.

HTH,

TG

No problem. That’s what we are here for. That and to argue about stuff that in the overall scheme of things means nothing! :p :p

Glad I could help.

TG