Adding effects on one part of the track

I really don’t understand how to add some effect,let’s say echo,on only a part of a track.I know it has something to do with Aux channel.Please explain in details how to do this.

Lots of ways to do it. You can use automation, so that the mix on the plug in changes from dry to wet and back again. You can clone the track, apply the effects to the second track, and draw volume evolutions in both so that one comes in when the other fades out. I sometimes use that method, and send both cloned and original track to a submix, e.g. to control their volumes together or plug a single plug in of some other sort (like compression) on them. You can do volume evolutions to the aux sends - that’s the easiest, but note then that you might have an increase in volume there which might be undesirable. :)

You can do volume evolutions to the aux sends - that's the easiest, but note then that you might have an increase in volume there which might be undesirable.
That is the best way and there will be no volume change if you can set the effect to be 100% wet.
Quote (Bubbagump @ Oct. 12 2004,13:26)
You can do volume evolutions to the aux sends - that's the easiest, but note then that you might have an increase in volume there which might be undesirable.

That is the best way and there will be no volume change if you can set the effect to be 100% wet.
Please explan how to do this,please ! (what button to press :D )

Hi Randall,

OK, assuming you know how to add an effect to an Aux and get it working, you need to do something like this…

1. Set up your effect on the Aux. (Generally make it 100% as mentioned above). Set it pre/post/whatever as required.

2. On the tool bar click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the black triangle/ramp. It’s just to the left of the white box with a cursor in it if you’ve got the default settings.

3. From the drop down, select “Draw send to Aux channel 1 Volume”. You’ll get a blue line superimposed over your track in wave view. This blue lince represents the amount of track “send” to Aux 1. Up is more, down is less.

4. If you click on the line you will make nodes (points) that can be raised up and down. Keep the line down on the bits where you don’t want the effect and raise it up (to taste) on the bits you do.

Simple, once you know how.

That should do it.

(Note: You can do this with fader automation but I think this way is more precise). Also as mentioned above some effects support automation.

HTH

Mark

Quote (Mark A @ Oct. 13 2004,11:10)
Hi Randall,

OK, assuming you know how to add an effect to an Aux and get it working, you need to do something like this..........

1. Set up your effect on the Aux. (Generally make it 100% as mentioned above). Set it pre/post/whatever as required.

2. On the tool bar click on the drop down arrow just to the right of the black triangle/ramp. It's just to the left of the white box with a cursor in it if you've got the default settings.

3. From the drop down, select "Draw send to Aux channel 1 Volume". You'll get a blue line superimposed over your track in wave view. This blue lince represents the amount of track "send" to Aux 1. Up is more, down is less.

4. If you click on the line you will make nodes (points) that can be raised up and down. Keep the line down on the bits where you don't want the effect and raise it up (to taste) on the bits you do.

Simple, once you know how.

That should do it.

(Note: You can do this with fader automation but I think this way is more precise). Also as mentioned above some effects support automation.

HTH

Mark

Thanks a lot man :)