Adding tracks to the song

Recording in a new track

When I start a new session to record a song, everythig os ok on the first track, but once I’m goning to record something else and I push the record button, the software start recording on the same first track, but tide to the end of the first recorded track, even if I have selected “Record to a new track option”.

Does some body now how to fix this?

I was trying to insert a pricture, but I don;t know how to do that here.

If you are using the Beta versions - It appears to be a bug to me.

I just recorded 3 tracks - build 2420 - one with 2 lanes and two more as a test. The first track recorded another take when I hit record - which it should - the second track I inserted and armed recorded fine - also 3rd one. The only thing I noticed was the red recording indicator kept it’s color and looked armed even when it wasn’t and did not appear un-armed until I hit record for a new track. It’s kind’o annoying is all. You have to click on Un-Arm track to turn it off.
What’s really annoying is the asking to save a song when you have just saved it to close n-Track. Don’t know why it bugs me but I have to yell at n every time I close a new song file - “Yes - NO - WERE you not here when I saved it 3 seconds ago?” I have to remind my wife that I talk to software.

This lane and take function is really p!ssing me off
:disagree: …I can record 64 tracks…why would I ever need takes or lanes? I can record 10 tracks of a solo and comp them into 1 with full automation, with sample accuracy…and keep the originals if I feel like it! Seems like a good idea for an
old 24 track hard disk recorder…I would like to see the program function (for everyone) before new fangled stuff keeps getting piled on…the feature I am wanting more than anything is the ability to turn stuff off and streamline the program…my track eq is still iffy in build 2419, cloning track effects does wierd things, I keep getting takes regardless of whether I disarm or assign tracks, How about this…when I push record I actually want to record a new track…Jeeez…My wdm drivers don’t work and my ASIO only work at maximum buffering settings…all of these are new developments in V6.
sigh

Cheers,
Ray

Well, I guess something has changed that I missed.
And it should not be a problem to just record one track after another.

I press record with the setting for two individual tracks. An Arrow appears around the record button, what’s that about?
The two tracks record.
I press record again - it creates a “take” or “lane” on top of the first recording.
I don’t need that.
I right click on the tracks record button and disarm the track - (the Default should be Disarmed!) The button stays red, disarm is checked.
I press the record button - Now nothing is recorded, no Take and no Track.
So, what am I doing wrong?
Bax

Flavio is on it! There is a bug and he is fixing it.
Bax

re PW

Quote:

I have to remind my wife that I talk to software.

I signed you up for an upcoming Dr. Phil (S.B. calling soon)

My wife want to know why every song I am attempting to learn to play has S@#T as one of the lyrics. She asks if you can get me into Dr. Phil as well. :p
Bax

re bax
I confess, I have to sign myself up for that one as well. LOL :laugh:

Quote: (bax3 @ Dec. 02 2008, 5:54 PM)

Flavio is on it!
There is a bug and he is fixing it.
Bax

Thx Bax that was buggin me to.
Quote: (rsolinski @ Dec. 02 2008, 5:33 PM)

This lane and take function is really p!ssing me off
:disagree: ...I can record 64 tracks..why would I ever need takes or lanes? I can record 10 tracks of a solo and comp them into 1 with full automation, with sample accuracy....and keep the originals if I feel like it! Seems like a good idea for an
old 24 track hard disk recorder...I would like to see the program function (for everyone) before new fangled stuff keeps getting piled on..the feature I am wanting more than anything is the ability to turn stuff off and streamline the program..my track eq is still iffy in build 2419, cloning track effects does wierd things, I keep getting takes regardless of whether I disarm or assign tracks, How about this..when I push record I actually want to record a new track....Jeeez..My wdm drivers don't work and my ASIO only work at maximum buffering settings..all of these are new developments in V6.
sigh

Cheers,
Ray

Ya it's questionable for sure. I don't think lanes should have priority over the normal function of nTrack.

I just download the last update of version 6.0.2x64 build 2424 (6/12/2008)and now I am able to record in a new track once you have done one before.

Quote:

Ya it's questionable for sure. I don't think lanes should have priority over the normal function of nTrack.

Lanes only are recorded if you hit record on a track that's already recorded on.
Choose a new track to record to and you'll never be bothered with a lane - sheesh. Why would someone be P'O'd by their own recording over their own track?

"Dr., it hurts when I do this!"
"Well, don't do it!"