Adele

At the Grammies…

Man, was she good! It was great to just hear/see some good music w/o a dozen dancers prancing around with no clothes on (I thought Katy Perry’s song & routine was lacking). Actually, I thought the Grammy’s had a lot of just music this year which was refreshing. Oh yeah - McCartney was great too (although his voice is getting bad).

“Rolling in the Deep” - is that some Britsh expression or something (or have I led a shelter life).

when I first heard her song, “someone like you” I thought it was a black woman in a southern church singing.

very soulful. :agree:

the British seem better at emulating classic American soul than Americans are. ???

jerm :cool:

Love the way the guitar changes on “1 &” instead of the usual “1” beat in Rolling in the Deep.

Yeah - I was chording along with the song on YT and I kept screwing that up until I finally realized what they were doing. I also like how they resolve the phrase right before chorus by playing F#m to an F# - very tasty change.

Quote: (Mr Soul @ Feb. 21 2012, 4:06 AM)

Yeah - I was chording along with the song on YT and I kept screwing that up until I finally realized what they were doing.
I also like how they resolve the phrase right before chorus by playing F#m to an F# - very tasty change.

Yep sure is.

Indeed, it’s great to see someone whose popularity isn’t based on nudity/twerking/scandals/love affairs/etc. I fell in love with Adele after Someone Like You was released and I still adore her.