Admittedly, I'm not the brightest bulb on

I wonder why Mackie decided to give Tracktion away? No more development? Or just to increase the user base? ???

Building up the user base for v2 would be my guess.
Quote (Tom @ Dec. 18 2004,17:56)
Quote (TomS @ Dec. 18 2004,07:55)
(Also, I try to leave in breathign noises, it makes things sound more natural, FWIW). :)

Not HEAVY breathing? :laugh:

Oh, well, sure, it's sex that sells, right? :)

Willy - bet you are right.
Quote (TomS @ Dec. 18 2004,20:12)
Quote (Tom @ Dec. 18 2004,17:56)
Quote (TomS @ Dec. 18 2004,07:55)
(Also, I try to leave in breathign noises, it makes things sound more natural, FWIW). :)

Not HEAVY breathing? :laugh:

Oh, well, sure, it's sex that sells, right? :)

Willy - bet you are right.

:) Just a little humor, but yep your right, more thruth to that point then fiction!
But for Ntrack it's going to have to be stability that sells, it's already coolier that it out to be, and to sexy for the shelf!
I think Flavio should just tighten up the nuts and bolts and raise the price :D

Oh my gawd, did you have to put that viral tune in my head this morning?

"I’m too sexy for the shelf…"

ARRRRGH!

:D

Quote (TomS @ Dec. 19 2004,08:14)
Oh my gawd, did you have to put that viral tune in my head this morning?

"I'm too sexy for the shelf..."

ARRRRGH!

:D

lol Oh ####, back to work!

In n-Track to get rid of noises between vocals or whatever you just have to draw the volume envelope. I can’t miagine an easier way to do it, other than a highlight and click sort of procedure. But one wants the edits to be as precise as possible, so in the end I know I’d not use that sort of method, I’d still draw the envelopes manually. Speed sometimes needs to be balanced against careful editing, I guess. How exactly does MTS do it? [/QUOTE] With MTs you just open the edit view ot the vocal trac and say you have a space between verses where you might have a noise that is unwanted, you just drag and click the area of the wave where you see the unwanted noise and click cut and it cuts out the noise and leaves the rest of the track intack. you can go down thru the vocal and clean it up in just a few minutes, also it has a great de-esser that really works andnis easy to use.

hThe sampler is fantastic also, it is a rock solid program, as I said I still love N-T the interface is so real to me i get it, but I also must admit I have gotten so much done with MTS.