ah, sweet atlanta life

<!–QuoteBegin>

Former City Councilman and community activist Derrick Boazman, during the rally tonight, demanded Marcus give the hundreds of jobs at the aquarium to the city’s homeless.

“If you don’t want to give us a job, shut it down, shut it down, shut it down,” Boazman said.

Boazman also threatened the city’s homeless would be at the aquarium on opening day.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=66719

does anyone else want derrick bozo?..

isaac

From the article:

<!–QuoteBegin>

“They’re either going to have a good experience or a bad experience,” Marcus, referring to aquarium visitors, said in the AP report. "If they’re accosted, if they’re annoyed, if they perceive a threat, they are not going to come back again. And they’re going to tell their friends not to come back again.

It seems like he is one of those people that empower themselves through maintaining and perpetuating the “victim” status of others.

If he truly wanted to help the homeless, and unemployed, he would stop worrying about legalized panhandling and rally for job training and creation instead. He should welcome things that encourage growth. But these things do nothing to maintain his status, which rests soley on his ensuring the continuing misery of those that are drawn to him.

My $.02

:cool:

marcus is the good guy in this story… i suspect you’re referring to bozo boazman?.. if so, then yes, he is certainly a victim status whore… i wish we could deport such people…

isaac

Maybe I misread… it sounded like the homeless advocate guy was threatening to annoy the visitors to the aquarium… sheesh, I need more coffee.
:p

i think you read it correctly, because bozo is threatening to do just that… both men claim to be sensitive to homeless folk… but as you accurately portrayed him, bozoman is a whore… you’ll see at the bottom of the article that marcus’ foundation has already planted $600,000 into a homeless shelter in atlanta with hundreds of beds and other helpful comforts to help these people become self-sustaining… people like boazman and jesse jackson would have no purpose in this world if it weren’t for t.v. cameras and them convincing people that they’re victims…

isaac

Isaac, my son asked me what Jesse Jacksons “job” was… how did he make a living? After much thought, I just said "You know, it’s a real mystery to me son. I can’t explain because I really don’t understand the idiocy behind it myself. Wouldn’t you rather I explained the theory of relativity? You know, something a little simpler?"

TG

TG, he is a minister. among other things, and we all know that ministers only work one day a week, right?

<!–QuoteBegin>

Education: Attended University of Illinois, 1959-60; North Carolina Agricultural and Technical College, B.A., 1964; attended Chicago Theological Seminary, 1964-66; M.Div., Chicago Theological Seminary, 2000.

Field rep for CORE, 1964; SCLC demonstrator, Selma, 1965; Chicago coordinator of Operation Breadbasket, 1966-67, national dir, 1967-71; founder, Operation PUSH, 1971, executive director, 1971-86, founder, PUSH-Excel, PUSH for Economic Justice; candidate for Democratic presidential candidate, 1983-84, 1987-88; National Rainbow Coalition Inc., Chicago, founder, 1986, national president, 1986-; senator, District of Columbia, 1991-96; TV host, Voices of America with Jesse Jackson; Chicago radio host; columnist, Los Angeles Times Syndicate; founder, the Wall Street Project, 1997; co-author, It’s About Money, 2000.

Most of us should work as hard.

SCLC demonstrator, Selma, 1965

Being a demonstrator is a JOB?

tom, do you really respect this [insert some word here]?.. if so, would you have the same respect for jerry falwell?..

i guess when you’re a pimp like jesse jackson, and can increase your wealth via demon-strations, then yes - i gues it could be a job…

isaac

HAH! You just answered my sons question Isaac. Jesse Jackson is a Pimp. Easy enough… and VERY ACCURATE!

TG

TG, I cannot believe the moderate smear and lies!!!

:)

OK Toke. Give Clark his login back… :p

TG

Quote (TomS @ July 27 2005,13:02)
TG, he is a minister. among other things, and we all know that ministers only work one day a week, right?

Education: Attended University of Illinois, 1959-60; North Carolina Agricultural and Technical College, B.A., 1964; attended Chicago Theological Seminary, 1964-66; M.Div., Chicago Theological Seminary, 2000.

Field rep for CORE, 1964; SCLC demonstrator, Selma, 1965; Chicago coordinator of Operation Breadbasket, 1966-67, national dir, 1967-71; founder, Operation PUSH, 1971, executive director, 1971-86, founder, PUSH-Excel, PUSH for Economic Justice; candidate for Democratic presidential candidate, 1983-84, 1987-88; National Rainbow Coalition Inc., Chicago, founder, 1986, national president, 1986-; senator, District of Columbia, 1991-96; TV host, Voices of America with Jesse Jackson; Chicago radio host; columnist, Los Angeles Times Syndicate; founder, the Wall Street Project, 1997; co-author, It's About Money, 2000.

Most of us should work as hard.
Isn't he the "spiritual advisor" for Micheal Jackson?

might have been the rev. all sharpton...so i digress..lol

keep shinin'

jerm