All hail Tom Spademan

50 songs done!

Well…Mr Spademan finished 50 songs in 80 days. I think that’s an amazing achievement, especially considering there are very few fillers in the collection and some real quality songs.

Well done Tom :agree: :agree: :agree:

YEP!!

D

Aw, shucks…they are all fillers!

I’m going for 2 more before all is said and done. Most interesting thing about all of the experience is how many short cuts one develops when speed is of the essence.

Good man Tom!!

Really really well done Tom :agree: :agree:

bows

:laugh:

Tom - just one more. If you could put something to this.

Medicare, Medicaid
Insurance companies
One requires higher tax
the other higher fees

All I ask, is either one
Provide my pharmacies
Just to get the pills I want
Would bring me to my knees

**** them both, and don’t be fooled
By false complexities
Worms who think that they control
Our final destinies

TIA

Hi TomS:

That’s quite an achievement…
Is there any reference to this feat to any record in the Guinness Book ????
Has anyone searched this ?
OR, is there any reference in the book recorded
with reference to song writing ?
It’s certainly exercise to to the creative abilities to the parts of the brain that connects music and lyric assembly…
and song writing…
It’s a real challenge…

For me…
I’m out every morning at 5 am. pickin’ em up and puttin’ em down on the sidewalk…
I’m gettin better at it…
I’ll admit…
:)
:p
:laugh:
I don’t have anything yet to replace the old Buick…
However, the weather is too nice to miss it, yet…

We’ll see, :p
when the ground is covered with ice and snow…

Bill…

p.s. I hear you… sevenOfeleven… Same thing over here…

"we are not worthy, we are not worthy"

Seriously though Mr, you are one awesome artist, I sat in bed reading last night to your tracks and was just blown away by some of them, you manage to always keep me on my toes, never getting complacent in genre or feel of a song, every song has your style yet such a strong sense of individuality.
Your production quality is beautiful and your vocals (especially harmonies) are soooo…you, so very very you and so very very awesome…you’re just too cool Mr T! :D

OMG now I am Mr. T. I pity…nah, won’t go there…

:)

Hey Seven, how do you pronounce ****** anyway?

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 23 2009, 9:52 AM)

Hey Seven, how do you pronounce ****** anyway?

I think it's "Ahbleuh Ahb-duh Heuh" which is Hebrew for "Eat my shorts you Phillistines!"

But then... I could be wrong. :p

D

Hail as in hail and brimstone?
Or was that smoke on the water?
Or something like that? NO! He needs to slowdown!
He’s being rewarded for the wrong thing here lol
Any dog trainer will tell ya that! :laugh:
Don’t listen to this stuff ThomasSs
But he did it!
:agree: So that’s pretty cool too!

7! :laugh: :agree:

I totally agree with Levi. But there is a lot to be learned from forcing things. People think that inspiration is something they have to wait for. It’s just a matter of work. And I will recycle lots of the ideas and make them into better songs, I think.

Yes - congrats from me also! I have not been following the project but I did listen to a couple of the songs today & I thought they sounded pretty good. Also I was extremely impressed when I found out that you were not only writing them but recording them as well.

How are your relations with your wife now? :slight_smile:

Quote: (Mr Soul @ Sep. 23 2009, 7:05 PM)

Yes - congrats from me also!
I have not been following the project but I did listen to a couple of the songs today & I thought they sounded pretty good.
Also I was extremely impressed when I found out that you were not only writing them but recording them as well.

How are your relations with your wife now? :-)

Tom's wife MUST be an angel... :agree:

Despite Levi's uninformed poo-pooing, this is a major accomplishment Tom. In my opinion (which I value above ALL others... LOL!) a LARGE majority of the songs you put up are KILLER compared to the tripe most people post on forums like these. You really need to get in touch with someone in Nashvegas. I'm as serious as a coon hunter who's dog has a opossum fetish!**

Songwriters who are savvy enough to hang onto certain "rights" to their material are the real money-makers in the music biz. You think Burt Bacharach got rich because he's cute?!?!? Have you SEEN the homely S.O.B.?!?!? NO! He cranked out a bazillion and ten tunes. A small percentage of them made it big and now he has more money than Solomon had gold cuff links.

Get in touch with some people. Keep cranking them out...

D

PS ** I have a dear friend who is a professional coon hunter... Don't laugh. He has sold dogs for MORE than your house is worth. A coon dog that has a opossum fetish is SERIOUS business indeed.

Yaz takes his guitars and humbly lays at the feet of Mr. Spademan!
I’m overwhelmed Sir!

Tom’s wife is a musician, even better than an Angel