alright, I give up on the NET framework...

I tried to install the .NET Framework file linked in the FAQs, it gets hung up and won’t install, therefore I cannot install the newest build. I have a dual XP boot set-up on my home computer, and I don’t want to connect the other OS to the internet. The new version installed N track on my my general use OS/partition…

I have SP2 installed on both versions of XP… what gives? Am I missing another update or something?

Download the full install to your OS that is connected to the net. Copy the installer to the other partition with your DAW only OS reboot into that partition and install. That’s how I do it anyway…

TG

thats what I have been trying to do. The installer (I believe the file is called “dotnetfx”) will not install on that partition/OS. It gets hung up and aborts. Do I need additional XP updates or something? I have a bunch of services turned off, could that be the problem? The Windows Installer service is set to “Automatic” though, I know I need that one to install n track…

Hmmm… I dunno. First time, I downloaded the big 30MB file Flavio has put up that includes the .NET Framework. I just ran it and everything was OK?

Sorry, I know that’s not any help…

TG

OK, weirdly I think I just got it… It seemed to be a problem with the Windows Installer service, because I had to go into the Control Panel and “kickstart” the service after I started running the setup program even though its set to “automatic”… I’ll see how stable everything is now, maybe I should just re-format that partition and re-install everything. I may have “over-tweaked” the whole XP installation on that partition. thanks anyway!