amp modeling

Is there any real good software based stuff for my guitar. somthing like the line six pod but in software base.

Litmus

There are several plugins that model guitar amps. One example is Amplitube - but it ain’t cheap. For the motherlode of plugin information go to KVR. It takes a little time to figure out the site but once you do it’s very valuable.

KVR

Quote (Litmus @ Mar. 25 2005,18:38)
Is there any real good software based stuff for my guitar. somthing like the line six pod but in software base.

Litmus

Take a look at:

http://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm

It's free anyway!

KingFish

Yep I like the guitarsuite plug and also the little green machine amp sim plug.
That is free too (well used to be…)

These are just amp sims though and don’t have other fx like the pod.

Rich

For one that’s not cheap but enjoys the hottest reputation lately, try Guitar Rig by Native Instruments.

Yowza, though … $500. Cheap for an amp, but pricey for software.

GuitarPort ($99) or PODxt ($???)

Is it just me or does Guitar Rig look a lot like Revalver?

I thought those were hardware, phoo. That’s software?

They plug in a computer via USB. They aren’t standalone hardware as a Pod is. All manipulation is via a window on the computer. As for 100% software, you are right they aren’t. They can’t be used as a plug-in and don’t work well when using the exposed devices (48k only).

Tell her it’s an investment in you becoming rich and famous, and that when you are she’ll be able to have anything from either store…

Quote (nergle @ Mar. 27 2005,20:22)
PPS: Thinks! Will I have to pay duty on it when I go home? :(

PPPPPS. Anyone help me with the unending task (apparently), of explaining to a non-musically orientated woman, why a CD plus a pedal that goes up, (and down), is so much more vitally important than anything Cartier or Tiffany has to offer? :(

PPS Reply: Only if you declare it OR get caught! Really, just pack it in your suitcase and say nothing. If you are unlucky enough that they check through your luggage when you arrive home just go "Doh! Forgots all about that blinkin' thing!"

:D :D

PPPPPS Reply: Send her to my house and I'll have her babysit my kids. That should be torture sufficient enough for her questioning your priorities. Cartier...Tiffany....BAH! They ain't got no geetar pickin toys there!

Let me know when you are sending her and I'll give the boys about a kilo of chocolate apiece. You can come back in a week and peel her off the walls! :D :D

TG

Quote (nergle @ Mar. 28 2005,19:49)
TG, she don't like kids, which is OK by me (been there, done that! LOL), so, sorry. :(

Ali

Thats OK Ali. They'd probably eat her for lunch anyway.....then I'd have to explain away ANOTHER missing person....

TG

Got one of these waiting for me down at the store - after hearing about reliability problems with berry amps but wanting to try them, I thought this would be a cooler idea for recording with.

http://www.behringer.com/GDI21/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Willy.

that little thing looks cool… price? sound clips? couldn’t find anything on berry’s site…

EDIT: nevermind, i found price… just no samples.

Picking it up today. I’ll post when I’ve got something.

Quote (Willy @ Mar. 29 2005,00:38)
Got one of these waiting for me down at the store - after hearing about reliability problems with berry amps but wanting to try them, I thought this would be a cooler idea for recording with.

http://www.behringer.com/GDI21/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Willy.

I was under the impression that all of the new guitar stompboxes from Behringer were under intense legal scrutiny (i.e. lawsuits) and probably not coming out. Certainly that item is a clone of the Sansamp GT2.