An original jazz tune recorded in n-Track

Frogstory Records - “Blues Eyes” MP3

I wrote a basic drum part using Notion, exported a wav file. Imported that into n-Track, then I added a bass track and three guitar tracks. (I played the bass and guitar parts.)

Steve

I’m half way through listening to it, now. Gorwjuss.
Seriously nice.

I like the change in the timbre of the guitar about a 1/3 of the way through. The first tone didn’t sit well with the rest of the track, at least on my fine laptop speakers, which are well known as the proper way to audition a tune.

nah! my generic,
£5 ebay pc speakers - all day :laugh:

au contraire, Mr TomS!

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 15 2010, 5:01 PM)

I like the change in the timbre of the guitar about a 1/3 of the way through.
The first tone didn't sit well with the rest of the track, at least on my fine laptop speakers, which are well known as the proper way to audition a tune.

Well, I agree. The first guitar is the melody of the tune, then the solo, then the melody again. I recorded the melody first, straight, and added a pinch of reverb. For the solo guitar, I added an n-Track amp simulator, which I'd never used before. Yes, the melody guitar sounds bland by comparison.
I'm still learning.

Steve

Hey, I would never have guessed that was a sim. Good sound.

I had a look-see at your website too - lots of great stuff there! And then I looked at Notion. I know what I want for Christmas. Next week.

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 15 2010, 7:59 PM)

Hey, I would never have guessed that was a sim.
Good sound.

I had a look-see at your website too - lots of great stuff there!
And then I looked at Notion.
I know what I want for Christmas.
Next week.

If you do get Notion, and have questions, drop me an email (my email address is on my site). I'm a big fan of Notion. It was designed by Jack Jarrett, who I worked with at Berklee. On my Player's Journal page, if you click on the Index, and then on "Notion", you'll find a few entries about the program.

Steve

Hi scarter:

Nice stuff…
You creativity and arraignment sounds and works great over here…
:)
:agree:
:p

I worked for the owner of the Musicstop over here, where I live.
That style of guitar is the material he plays all the time…
Russ Brannon
He works on his ChopS every day…
Without Fail…

Bill…

Oh, I am going to get notion, no doubt about it. I wonder if there is an educator’s discount? I wonder if a logic teacher counts? :laugh:

It does look cool.
Bloody teachers :laugh:

Yeah, I figure the freebie stuff adds up to a couple of hundred dollars per years… :)

Actually, we used to get free texts for review purposes, not really anymore, and the educator discounts are rarer and rarer…economy’s bad, y’know…