annother rookie Question

Save Recordings settings

Hi all,

I am working with Version 5 / already testing 6 on a System with about 3 Ghz Proc., 2 GB RAM and several IDE Harddisks. My Recording HW are two Terratec EWS 88 MT with 16 analog Inputs at all.
I am using only about 11 of the Input channels (G,B,2xVoc.,2xKeyb., 2xfrom Mixer, 3x Drums)I always start a new recording, switch all needed channels on, set the routing of the channels (e.g. record keyboard to track 1) and start a recording. After the recording is done, I start a new one and have to reconfigure all settings. Does anyone know how I can save all the settings as I am working all the time with the same config / situation?

I am using the system during Band practises for control / demo songs.

1. Setup the song the way you always do, initially before recording, after making to config settings.
    2) Save-As that song under a filename that lets you know it’s the template for new recording.
    3) Open that song template and Save-As to a new filename for the next song.
    4) Record-Save
    5) Rinse
    6) Repeat for the next song

(might work)

Hi Phoo,

thanks for your tip - I tried this already. Most of the settings stay but all channels or better the routing in the channels (eg: record Keyboard to track 1) are switched to "don’t record from this channel…so I have to do all this again. Quite a lot of “klicks” when you record about 10 Songs a evening and there are 11 channels to set…

Regards

Jogi

Send Flavio an email/bug report. That method used to work on V4.

The church I used to attend, we had a MOTU 24 I/O and n-Track V4. I did exactly as phoo suggested. Just load up my “template” song with all my tracks labeled and armed for recording etc… “Save As…” and click RECORD. Done.

I have also put in a feature request (multiple times) for Project Templates and Track Templates. These sure would be HUGE time savers if n-Track ever gets them… shrug

D

Hi all,
i was working with my recording unit yesterday evening again. At the moment I am working with the version 6 which still seems to have some problems / bugs?. As I described above, I did all settings and saved this without any recording as a “master song”. Loading this did sometimes restore all settings and several times not?? Also I didn’t get the window where I can set the routing of the inputs to the tracks / switch on the tracks which should be recorded. After making a record of 1-2 seconds i

sorry…pushed the send button to eary - here the whole story again…

Hi all,
i was working with my recording unit yesterday evening again. At the moment I am working with the version 6 which still seems to have some problems / bugs?. As I described above, I did all settings and saved this without any recording as a “master song”. Loading this did sometimes restore all settings and several times not?? Also I didn’t get the window where I can set the routing of the inputs to the tracks / switch on the tracks which should be recorded. Only after making a record of 1-2 seconds I got this window…
I think I will go back to the version 5 and try to work with this once more…I’ll let you know.
Does anyone know where to download the last / latest Installation Files of Version 5?

Thanks in advance

Jogi

Old versions HERE

D

Hi Jogi, what version of the EWS88MT driver are you using. The lastest one is 1.544 if I remember correctly (I have an EWS88MT and a Phase88 - same driver). Some of the older drivers did have some routing issues. Last I checked, Terratec still supported the EWS88, but the drivers are buried in their German section of their webpage. If you need it, I can get it when I go home.

Paul

Just went onto Terratec’s page and it the latest driver is 5.47 and can be found at EWS88MT Update.

I’m not sure whether the driver would affect n-Track with the routing issue or not. I had to switch to Reaper for other routing issues, etc.

Paul

i didn’t want to make a whole thread about it, but i have a noob question myself… about the drums. is there any kind of thread here that tells you how to use them? me and my buddy do guitar and bass… but have no drummer… and i have no idea how to use the drums on ntrack 6. anyone have a link to a thread, or some advice? thank you in advance. :agree:

Nothing current or new. Search the forum for more info.
here’s a link to the only tutorial video.

n-Track Drums Tutorial

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Mar. 13 2009, 10:14 PM)

Nothing current or new. Search the forum for more info.
here's a link to the only tutorial video.

n-Track Drums Tutorial

thanks, i found that video, but for some reason, it's not letting me drag my notes like on the video. i did everything step for step, and it looks like it's going well, but when it comes to dragging where to put the note in the piano roll part, it's not letting me put it where i want to. on the video the guy does it so easily... i don't know why i'm having troubles.

There’s a few guys here that are rather good with n-Drums - I’ll start anther thread for you.

thanks… ya, i don’t know why i’m having the troubles… i’m just having the troubles on putting the note on the piano roll like he does on the video.

let me check something - be right back

Did you click on the blue note under the word Piano in the piano roll?

That lets you add notes.

ya, there’s a little triangle pointer, then next to that, the note icon… that’s the one i used. i did everything like the video showed, at least i’m pretty sure i did… but see the part in the video where he puts the first note on the piano, and pushes it so it’s a little line on the far left of the first square. then he goes up to pattern b part, and puts another note right above the first square but this time he puts it on the far right of the square… i can’t do that. i can only either put it in the square where it highlights the whole square, or drag it to the far left, like he does on step one of the piano roll part… it won’t let me slide to the far right.

Do a forum search for n drummer. There are a lot of tips and tricks that have been posted. Including how 2’s.
But to see it quickly in your song.
Add a blank midi track,
r/click on the track,
choose output to,
new inst,
nTrack,
ntrack drums. It has a help button that has some info to get you started.

I think you can change the note ‘length’ that you draw a couple of ways. First make sure you have the Piano Roll opened so you can see Grid and Note length settings. (to the far right)
If you have Grid set to ‘Measure’ and Note length ‘Linked to grid’ then the notes you input manually will take up a whole measure (or 4 beats) If you change the Grid setting to ‘beat’ then the notes you input will be a beat in length. As you can see by adjusting these parameters, along with toggling the the ‘snap to grid’ off, you can change the note length to a 8th, 16th,32nd or a 64th or whatever. And place them where ever your moouse pointer is. I don’t recall the setting the video was using. Also remember you can adjust the zoom of the piano grid both horizontally, and verically to allow for easier placement of notes.

thanks guys… thanks seven of eleven… that’s good info that i will look into tonight… just got home from work… thanks for the help guys.