Another new song mixed on N

Critique away people…

Let me know how this one stacks up, if you have time. Thanks

Bandcamp Page

Great atmosphere.

Hi barryMK:

Thanks for posting the link…
The tracks fit very well with the vocal phrasing, and all…
The mix is great…
No clutter and nice track separation… :)
:agree:

Bill…

Thanks Guys… Funny isn’t it? I finished this in the wee hours of this morning on 'phones with tired ears (I live on the edge and break all the rules, it’s only rock 'n roll after all) and despite that was happy with it. When I played it this morning on speaker I felt that although the mix is nice and separate, the overall sound is rather tinny so I’m going to re-master it today. I’ll post up the next version when it’s done. Cheers Barry

Hi Again barryMK:

Be careful…
Don’t be going and destroying it…
:)
:p
:laugh:
Save all your work…
O.K. ??

Bill…

Yeah Bill

I save sng files nowadays each time I make a change. Had half a morning on it but it sounded different but no better. I think I need to leave it a couple of days to give my ears a break. Meantime I’m going to try a cut down and sparse version of Start it up by Robben Ford next but with my double bass as I think I can just about get away with it. Cheers Barry

Hi Again:

I had a Student Bass that came from the Music Department at Acadia University over in the Valley…
It was there sense time ????
Anyway, I acquired it back in the early '70’s…
I never really put it to work, doing Bar Rooms… However, I used it doing jingles… Then, I sold it to a Producer at the CBC Radio, for $125.00…
I sure wish I had it today…

A half decent Bass Fiddle today can run 2,5 - 3,000 loonies…

I’ll be waiting to hear how that sounds with another Bass track…

Bill…

Hi Bill

Been away in London doing the sights for the first time in 30 years, for my wife’s birthday so no tracking done. I’ve decided to leave Ain’t Goin’ Down alone as remastering made it worse to my ears. I’ll maybe just add another guitar track to fatten it out later.

Busy practising my double bass, it’s frustrating when you can play one type of bass pretty well not to be as proficient on another, oh well… Cheers BK

What an opportunity, to visit the City…
Good for you
:) … I’ve never been on that side of the Atlantic…

So, what stands out in your memories, now that you survived the visit ????

AND…
was the weather a factor ?

30 years…
!!
I took you to be a young whipper-snapper of 22-or-23 years…
I was so foolish to part with that Stand-up Bass I had…
sigh…
even though it was only a Student Bass And…
I never got any photos of it…
:disagree:

Bill…

I am not much of a critic, but I can tell you I really enjoyed listening to it.

Thanks for sharing. :)

What’s not to like about that? Excellent, Barry!

What’s the bass on the cover of Homeward Bound?

I like it alot, :agree: love the style. everything is nice and tight…only thing I can find to ‘critique’ is that you have a good strong vocal tone and great control but your voice sounds a little pushed up there, would maybe hit your sweeter tones if it was a key lower ???
great stuffs

Ange xx

Got a bit of catching up to do, sorry I’ve been distracted getting the new blues band ready for the road. Anyhow here goes.

Bill

My Whipper snapped a long time ago……

The weather in London was weird, dull and grey mostly so it felt like rain was just around the corner although we only got hit by a few drops on one occasion. It was around 25 degrees but very, very humid and sticky.
The whole weekend was a high really, we did dinner and a Promenade concert at the Albert Hall, a champagne trip on the London Eye, a play at the National Theatre, visited the Tate Modern art museum, saw the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London and went on the Duck Tour.
We stayed at the City Inn in Westminster, a relly nice hotel just a stroll from Big Ben etc.
Came home completely knackered and bankrupt from the cost of taxis!

Arcane/TomS - thanks I’m glad you liked it.
Tom the bass is my old Fender P Bass Lyte, Japanese made with a lightweight basswood strat body and a jazz neck - dunno why they called it a Precision?
I now use it mainly as a backup in case I break a string on my G&L L2000.

Ange
Thanks yes the vocals are a bit on the edge but I couldn’t face redoing it
in another key!

Hi barryMK:

What a beautiful Visit…
I think you’re supposed to come home from a visit like that completely broke…
BUT…
with a smile on your face and your camera full of images…
I’ll be checking out your links and wishing, one day I might just get there…
and have a boo… around…
Wouldn’t that be nice… :)

Bill…

edit… You got work ahead of you with the new stage… However, will we get the opportunity to hear how the Blues Stage sounds ????

Quote: (TomS @ Aug. 25 2010, 7:50 PM)

What's not to like about that?
Excellent, Barry!

i dint like it.

I’d be interested to hear what you did not like about it, Horace, with more precision.
Your accent I find intriguing…it matches not your mustache…

hehehe…
It’s gonna hit me like a lead balloon someday, who this guy is… :)
I go down the list of names and it just hasn’t surfaced yet…
The name at the top of the list, I have is, Tommy…
over in the Mile-High Territory…

Quote: (TomS @ Sep. 04 2010, 6:12 PM)

I'd be interested to hear what you did not like about it, Horace, with more precision.
Your accent I find intriguing...it matches not your mustache...

the song not having no oboe or flute. these it is must having.