Another one

Certainly wasn’t expecting this

Gary Moore dies at 58.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862

IMO some of his best work was with Colosseum II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjDigJ_QQI

Yeah…I just heard this also. Truly one of the greatest guitar players that ever lived. Saw him 1st in Nottingham University when he was around 17 yrs old and playing with a band called ‘Skid Row’ (nothing to do with the US Skid Row). Like Mark says, his stuff with Coliseum!! was great, and the stuff with Phil Lynott was awesome.

Gary Moore was a legend and I’m truly sorry he’s gone :(

RIP
Empty Rooms

Quote: (Willy Eckerslike @ Feb. 07 2011, 7:34 AM)

Yeah....I just heard this also. Truly one of the greatest guitar players that ever lived. Saw him 1st in Nottingham University when he was around 17 yrs old and playing with a band called 'Skid Row' (nothing to do with the US Skid Row). Like Mark says, his stuff with Coliseum!! was great, and the stuff with Phil Lynott was awesome.

Gary Moore was a legend and I'm truly sorry he's gone :(

Yeah me too.

First time I really became aware of him was watching the BBC's Sight and Sound in Concert (on TV and FM broadcast of radio) of Colosseum II. Around 1977 - I was about 15. Was blown away by what those four guys did. John Mole on bass is dead too I think, Don Airey with Purple and not sure about John Hiesman (sp).

The vid is posted is from that gig.

Take a listen to the link I posted mark. That epitomises the man for me, great soulful playing. So many people don’t recognise what a good singer he was also. Anyone who doubts that, try singing ‘Over The Hills And Far Away’ or ‘Out In The Fields’

oh no! i saw him at high voltage last year & he looked awful… he was so good in his prime

Sad loss:-(

It appears that he may not have had much if any share of radio play here in these parts…
The name is not familiar to me…
but that don’t mean much…

What’s being talked up big time here is…
U2 is doing an outdoor concert here in the Maritimes this late July early August, in Moncton New Brunswick…
They’re setting up for some 100.000…
There’s talk of the promoters doing a DVD of the event…

The tickets are gonna be worth the earth…

Here’s a group that’s been around sense time…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Feb. 10 2011, 2:15 AM)

It appears that he may not have had much if any share of radio play here in these parts..
The name is not familiar to me..
but that don't mean much..

That's quite a poignant statement for me Bill. We all have our own heroes and sometimes forget the cross-atlantic divide. Gary Moore is a huge influence on many British Rock and Blues musicians and, to me, one of the great players of all times (way above Mr Clapton). But I've come to realise that many over the water have little knowledge of him. I guess that maybe works vice versa also.

I watched the link several times…
It’s a shame…
I don’t recall his name…
However, when he influences and inspires the younger generation that is coming along, it’s obvious he leaves behind a legacy…

Bill…