Another siimple question

Screen setup

Well, it’s time for another easy one, so here I go. Is there an obvious (or not so obvious) way to reset the screen graphics back to a “default” setting. They’re driving me crazy, as I love to push buttons! Thanks.
Ron Sheets

Hi Loanarranger:
If you have n-Track “Launched” go to the tool-bar that is just above-and-to-the-Right of the “Toggle Live Input Processing” Button… It’ll be a magnifying Glass with a notepad attached to IT… Give IT a “Click” and you’ll see the “timeline” with all the tracks that are available on the “Song”… You are playing…

Does that help you?

Bill…

Bill: Thanks for the tip. I tried that button, and as far as I could tell, not much happened. What I’m looking for, if such an animal even exists, is a way to return the display back to it’s “fresh out of the box” format. There seems to be so many little items that I can choose to view or hide, I am a bit confused at this point. Or, is it possible that there is no “standard” view, and that I simply have to make the work area my own? Thanks again for your reply.

Ron Sheets

Hi Ron:
Both You-and-I have what I call… this itchy finger… I don’t know when to let well-enough alone… :O :p

Then… on re-boot I have changed some default setting… and I have no idea what I did or how and why I did such a “Fool” thing and I don’t even remember where I was when I shut the machine off…

There is one button I haven’t played with, in n-Track… YET…

You’ll find it under File>Settings>Preferences Then on Record Settings there’ll be a “Revert to Default Settings” This may only have to do with the Audio Card… I don’t know…

Ever so slowly, I’m trying to keep my fingers outta things that I don’t know, about…

Mabey, in the n-Track Manual, you’ll find something that refers to the issue you have…

I’m a Classic Kindda Guy… I keep Playing with things I shouldn’t till I screw things up till IT don’t work… When I decide I’ve had enough, I’ll sit down and read the manual…

That’s the Bluenose Way… of doin things… :O :p

Bill…

Thanks Bill…I am taping my fingers as we speak! Seriously, I am going to try that one button you have yet to confront, and I’ll let you know how much chaos and damage resulted. Again, thanks for the info and empathy.

Ron Sheets

Okay Bill,
I pushed that button, and I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news is that the button did just what I wanted it to…it returned the opening display to it’s “original” settings. The bad news is that I don’t really care for the “original” settings! Oh well, some people you just can’t make happy! Thanks for the tip, it was a good one. And now you can cross that button off your list as well, you’d hate it anyway!

Ron Sheets

If you only knew to heartache I can cause myself, around all these machines…

Everytime I get something working, flawlessly I say , Now Wox… Don’t Touch… And IT is so… Then, I say, wouldn’t iT be nice if I can add this config to the the screen… Then Nothing seems to work right… I write on several message to ask what I can do to fix something that I did…

Then the telephone line and modem begins to rumble… (What did ya do this time WOX?)… when the replies start comming in… with suggestions on how to fix IT…

I’m finally getting this Hoontech STA 2000 audio hardware up-and-running, again… So far, only on the XP Desk… I’d like to be able to run IT on the '98SE Desk… We’ll see…

But the Desk and DAW is saying that I am running out of resources. and I need to change the “Buffer Settings”… It’s an old P-111 800mhz. machine…

Bill…

Bill,

Misery loves company.

Ron :(

My P-111 XP desk machine is ready to go back into the studio where I can continue tracking the current project with the Hoonteck hardware… The '98SE desk on this machine is not working as I’d like and I know, it has worked, in the past… but I’ll have to set IT aside for the time being. The setup has the ability to track only two tracks at 24 - 96 res. but not eight tracks at once… That’s O.K. cause the tracking res. is at 24 - 41 res.for this project, anyway… and IT will track eight tracks at-once at this res. The other issue that has developed is, the Buffer adjustment will have to be adjusted… I hope That might not be an issue somewhere, down the road… I don’t know why This has happened. But… as long as IT works… that’s O.K. At least the project is back-on-track…

Bill…

Well Bill,
I can relate to wanting projects to get “back on track.” I am unfamiliar with most of the hardware you alluded to, but I, too, am having some difficulties with my 98SE hard drive. Fortunately, if I really want that drive to run a totally well 98SE, all I have to do is fill in a few of the drivers with compatible ones. My Dell came with XP and the included drivers are mostly too new for my 98 OS. By the way, are you a musician? How did you get into this recording stuff? It’s good to hear from a kindred spirit. It gets lonely tearing up stuff by myself!

Ron :D

Hi Again:
I’m gonna move this computer into the studio today and patch it back into the patch bay… and attempt a “Test”, before I get back onto the Project… I hope it’ll work cause I want to continue on with this current project… For the next short while I’ll need to keep the '98SE Operating Syatem… as the Lexicon Core 32 Converters I use will not recognize an XP Desk…

Yes… I was a Bar Room bass player for 30+ years… as well, I was a studio and jingle musican, doing radio and TV work for some of that time…working on projects and all… However, I am unable to break myself from the habit I’ve found myself, in… IT sortta gets in your blood… Well… ???

Bill…